Long Exposure.. Can I get some C&C?

^i think i'm going to try these over the next couple days...
so how do you do that, it looks like its 2pm and then theres stars in the sky but your talking about the moon??
explain more

The landscape is lit by moonlight. The shadows that are seen are cast by the moon. From my experience, I've found it best to go when there's about 3/4 moon. When doing these kinds of photos, I expose long enough that I will pick up enough light to correctly expose the landscapes. The start trails are evidence of how long they are.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to try again tonight and use the advice !

Let us know how it goes! Make sure to post up the results :D

^i think i'm going to try these over the next couple days...
so how do you do that, it looks like its 2pm and then theres stars in the sky but your talking about the moon??
explain more

The landscape is lit by moonlight. The shadows that are seen are cast by the moon. From my experience, I've found it best to go when there's about 3/4 moon. When doing these kinds of photos, I expose long enough that I will pick up enough light to correctly expose the landscapes. The start trails are evidence of how long they are.

Ever gone night shooting when the moon wasn't out? I don't like doing night shooting with the moon out because it usually just makes the terrain look like it was shot in daylight for the most part.

Yes, but the ground was just a black sillhouette against a star-streaked sky. It could be a cool effect if used correctly, but it's something I havn't found my eye for yet.

Try f/22, ISO 100, Av (Canon) or A (Nikon), no filters, 2 seconds delay on your shutter

Most reactions

New Topics

Back