LONG EXPOSURE WATER SHOTS

Monica Fermin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.monicafermin.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are my husband's first attempt at long exposure shots! C&C please!

The first three were night time shots using a D40 with a ND4 Filter. Exposure times varied from 8 - 30 seconds.

The last two were day time shots (around sunset)using a D40 with a ND4 and ND2 stacked filters. Exposure times on these were 2-4 seconds.

1. :heart:
n1077762152_285868_5983-2.jpg

n1077762152_285871_6652.jpg

n1077762152_285870_6441.jpg

duck1.jpg

duck2.jpg

my favorite :heart:

I like them, but they seem to have been a little overprocessed.

I really like the colors in #1.

Those are some cool pix I like......

sure, they look "cool", but there really isn't a subject. they also lack composition. the effect is nice looking, but to me, they are artistically and technically sub par.

Hello.. The subject is the water, and the effect that the long exposure had on it. It seems that the only reason you responded was to be a jerk.

Fantastic job. They are so beautiful, and the water is flawless.

Hello.. The subject is the water, and the effect that the long exposure had on it. It seems that the only reason you responded was to be a jerk.

be a jerk? um, excuse you. not everyone agrees obviously. im sorry my opinion isnt drenched in sugar and sprinkles. all im saying is the subject isnt that exciting. i think they could have been composed far better.

relax. were all here for the same thing.

Great looking pictures Monica!

I have a question .... whenever I try anything longer than 8 seconds or so they come out way too overexposed. How do you avoid that?

UPDATE: *30 seconds later* I just looked up the ND Filters and what they do. Nevermind hehehe!

Haha... I love how upset people get at a little criticism.

When I ask for people to C&C I welcome the negative feedback. It helps me improve my skills a lot more than people saying, "They are so beautiful." Comments like that do nothing for me unless they add a critique also.

Just IMHO... I liked Gsurf1029's honesty.

I agree with Gsurf1029, they are not that interesting. Why do you have to call people jerks because they have different taste. And she is the one who asked for the C&C in the first place. -Danny

Haha... I love how upset people get at a little criticism.

When I ask for people to C&C I welcome the negative feedback. It helps me improve my skills a lot more than people saying, "They are so beautiful." Comments like that do nothing for me unless they add a critique also.

Just IMHO... I liked Gsurf1029's honesty.

Agreed.

It may have been a little harsh, but I wish there was more negative feedback on my posts too.

OP - try composing the waterfall shots at an angle instead of dead on

They're decent. I think the one with the duck would have been better if you would have focused on the duck with the water falling around it rather that the water falling around the duck.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back