long exposures

Xmetal said:
Miss Mentos. ;)

Just priced the remote I bought for my 350D, cost me $50AUD which translates to around 30 Euros, even though you're probably broke now you should be able to scrape together 30 Euros in no time i'm guessing. :)

yeah I'm broke now but I'm selling my old camera and I already have a guy who's interested in buying it for a very nice cash of $300 :D:D for fuji s5000 + 3 memory card for about 500 pics + bag + 3 filters :)

I've done 20 min exposures with my 20D, and had no problems. I am actually quite amazed at the lack of noise in my long exposures.

benparf said:
when would you use such a long exposure.

Star trails, or other night scenes with no light pollution from cities. You might reach exposures over 1 minute also when doing digital IR photography.

hey mentos, i took a star trails photo about a year ago, i can't remember how long, i want to say it was 20 minutes or so. I had quite a bit of noise in my photo, i will have to see if I can find it for you. I think I read somewhere that long exposures drain your battery too, maybe something else to consider/look into. I've never heard of long exposures damaging a sensor.

Most reactions

Back