Long Road Home.. 3 for C and C

#1 is awesome.
How did you do the PP?

Reznap - Love the crop you did! I wanted to show the curve in the road, and the sun rays coming through.. the crop really brought the emphasis on them! Thanks!

v3nom - This road was in the middle of the desert. Once we left the city limits, we drove for over 3 hours before we came to any other sign of civilization! And that was just a gas station! And we saw less than 5 other cars during that time.. Otherwise I am sure they would have them!

D-B-J - Nope not HDR, I wouldn't even know how to do it if I wanted to.. I'm still learning to PP and all I use is Lightroom

Rateeg - Everything was done in LR, pretty basic (Since my skills are still basic!) I boosted clarity and contrast, sharpened, and brought up the blacks some to give the road a nice color. I also lessened the blue luminance to give the sky some pop, and played with the tone curve

blgr3d - My Husband has already made the same request! I'm going to be ordering it for him this week :)

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Nice shots. I agree with reznap about a vertical comp for the 3rd. I think the post processing was a little heavy handed though. The first isn't too too bad, but the rest need the saturation backed off a big and maybe some of the shadows dodged a little. Could you post the originals unedited?

Nice shots. I agree with reznap about a vertical comp for the 3rd. I think the post processing was a little heavy handed though. The first isn't too too bad, but the rest need the saturation backed off a big and maybe some of the shadows dodged a little. Could you post the originals unedited?

Here they are SOOC..

DSC_0151-1.jpg

DSC_0143-1.jpg

DSC_0131-1.jpg

I love the first one very much but they are all very Nice!!!!!!

LOVE #1 That road seems like it goes forever!!

Awesome pics :)
now i wanna go on a road trip (=

mY Fav : 3rd pic i like the way sun rays are diffusing through clouds

You're not too far from my home town (Elk Grove)!

I'm going to be transiting this road during my move from NY to CA, maybe I'll be so lucky to get some pics like this.

Love the first pic! EXIF says you shot it at 1/1000 and ISO500. Any reason you didn't set a slower shutter/ISO100?

You're not too far from my home town (Elk Grove)!

I'm going to be transiting this road during my move from NY to CA, maybe I'll be so lucky to get some pics like this.

Love the first pic! EXIF says you shot it at 1/1000 and ISO500. Any reason you didn't set a slower shutter/ISO100?

I'm actually in Rocklin, but no one knows where that is, so I always just say Sac..

No reason.. At the time I was just starting to learn how to use my camera, so I usually just had it is P mode.. Plus I was so happy to be streching my legs and not sitting in the truck that I didn't even think to look at what it was set at! :confused:

I know the feeling. Most people on this coast don't even know what part of the state Sacramento is in.

Good on ya for getting out and taking these shots! You've got the eye, just keep at it, the technical stuff just comes with experience. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back