Long Time No See - Here are some Hummers

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
New Hummingbird comes and uses my perch. He has claimed his spot white I think I notice a small patch of red but it is a juvenile I am sure.
Has been a great poser giving me some different looks. it has been over cast. Hopefully next year I will buy some better flower and setup a few more lights.
Thanks for looking

1)
hb.jpg

2)
hb1.jpg

3)
hb2.jpg

4)
hb3.jpg

5)
hb4.jpg

6)
hb5.jpg

7)
hb6.jpg

Beautiful set Matt :icon_thumleft:

these are so beautiful. so sharp too!

Great set of shots. I'm curious to know how you're getting that solid background, it looks more than dof blur so I assume you do it in post?

Nicely captured. Like the position of number 5.

Thanks for all your comments

The backgrounds are all "natural". No printed paper behind the subject or background replaced in photoshop.

I am very close to the subject and the background is very far away. Dof I usually too thin even for this small bird but there is little I can do about that even stopping to f22 doesn't help much. The background I have positioned myself for a new, old wood fence in the far background and grass as my backyard is slanted and I can get eye level shots with grass as the bg if needed or a combo of the fence as well

These are absolutely gorgeous.

Wow, those are beautiful. I could only wish to get that close to my hummingbirds.

Outstanding. Makes me not want to post mine :(

But I really enjoy everything you post here, on your website and on Flickr.:Hail.sml:

Super shots Matt! Damn you were really freaking close! Wish I could get close to one :(

These are superb!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back