What's new

Look at my images and tell me how to make them better

lotusflower007

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 23, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Asheville NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI
Thanks for looking
Please give me your advice, your criticism, tear them down. Just let me know how I can make them better.

roughneck3_re.jpg


DSC_0006_re.jpg picture by willal1 - Photobucket
 
What is the subject? Its really busy.
 
I find #1 a bit dark.. and uninteresting. As for #2, I can't figure out what is the focus/target of the image. More like a snapshot IMO...
 
They look like snapshots. In #1 the background is blown out.
 
you should probably let everyone know that this is product photography... then the images make more sense.
 
I would say focus on one subject. For instance just the bottom of the car. Or the techs face getting concentration. More comp in the photo. It will become less of a snapshot. Just my opinion.
 
Comp is Composition. Basically , camera settings and photography skills that are used to help draw the eye.

For example depth of field, the rule of thirds, placement of objects, what is in the frame... Comp/Composition isn't limited to just one thing. See what Wikipedia says about it...
 
Last edited:
Comp is Composition. Basically , camera settings and photography skills that are used to help draw the eye.

For example depth of field, the rule of thirds, placement of objects, what is in the frame... Comp/Composition isn't limited to just one thing. See what Wikipedia says about it...

Just throwing it out there but i'd put a decent amount of cash on it that he knows what composition means. I think he was asking because saying you should have more composition in your photo doesn't exactly make sense.
tj
 

I'm sorry but that just looks ridiculous. You can't fake a good depth of field :lol:

there's no depth of field fake in there. He posted pics like this in another thread saying that he's taking product pictures for catalogs or websites. He's taking pictures of a PRODUCT. I just made that more obvious by blurring everything else. Trust me, I could fake a shallow DOF much better than that.
 
In response to TJ K's response that was clearly directed at me...

What is "comp"?

I'm sorry if I answered the question that was originally asked.

Geez, I am just expressing my opinion and trying to help.
 
Thats great that you want to help but a person with thousands of posts and 100+ thanks i'm sure knows what composition means. When a word is used improperly and abbreviated i was most likely be asking what it meant as well and not wanting a definition just what they meant by comp.
tj
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom