TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thestudio360.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI
Thanks for looking
Please give me your advice, your criticism, tear them down. Just let me know how I can make them better.

roughneck3_re.jpg

DSC_0006_re.jpg picture by willal1 - Photobucket

What is the subject? Its really busy.

They look like snapshots. In #1 the background is blown out.

I would say focus on one subject. For instance just the bottom of the car. Or the techs face getting concentration. More comp in the photo. It will become less of a snapshot. Just my opinion.

Comp is Composition. Basically , camera settings and photography skills that are used to help draw the eye.

For example depth of field, the rule of thirds, placement of objects, what is in the frame... Comp/Composition isn't limited to just one thing. See what Wikipedia says about it...

Last edited:
Comp is Composition. Basically , camera settings and photography skills that are used to help draw the eye.

For example depth of field, the rule of thirds, placement of objects, what is in the frame... Comp/Composition isn't limited to just one thing. See what Wikipedia says about it...

Just throwing it out there but i'd put a decent amount of cash on it that he knows what composition means. I think he was asking because saying you should have more composition in your photo doesn't exactly make sense.
tj

I'm sorry but that just looks ridiculous. You can't fake a good depth of field :lol:

there's no depth of field fake in there. He posted pics like this in another thread saying that he's taking product pictures for catalogs or websites. He's taking pictures of a PRODUCT. I just made that more obvious by blurring everything else. Trust me, I could fake a shallow DOF much better than that.

Thats great that you want to help but a person with thousands of posts and 100+ thanks i'm sure knows what composition means. When a word is used improperly and abbreviated i was most likely be asking what it meant as well and not wanting a definition just what they meant by comp.
tj

Most reactions

Back