Look Up Sometimes

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday at Myakka River State Park I was driving along when this red-tailed hawk flew overhead. I recognized him right away and pulled over for a shot or two hundred.
Lucky for me he was an eager poser and just sat there gazing up at the sky , as if he were enjoying watching the clouds rolling by. I could swear his eyes were smiling.

11142157-studio-studio.jpg

11142160-studio-studio.jpg

11142161-studio-studio.jpg

11142167-studio-studio.jpg

11142171-studio-studio.jpg

I like them all except for #2, don't like them eyes!

Never look up with your mouth open.

Great detail and postional framing but a pity you've clipped the tail. Sloppy!! (awaits feeble excuses and aggressive put down😁😉).

I like them all except for #2, don't like them eyes.
Thanks, Warhorse. That's the nictitating membrane that protects their eyes. It isn't pretty but most find it interesting.

Never look up with your mouth open.

Great detail and postional framing but a pity you've clipped the tail. Sloppy!! (awaits feeble excuses and aggressive put down😁😉).
Thanks, mate. Sorry about the tail clipping but ummmm ...... what was it .... oh yeah, an alligator snuck up on me, clamped down on my ankle and I twitched. Ever have gator jerky? :biggrin-93:

Last edited:
Thanks, Warhorse. That's the nictitating membrane that protects their eyes. It isn't pretty but most find it interesting.

Thanks, mate. Sorry about the tail clipping but ummmm ...... what was it .... oh yeah, an alligator suck up on me, clamped down on my ankle and I twitched. Ever have gator jerky? :biggrin-93:
No, send me some.

Another great set! #1 looks so regal. He knows he's being photo'd and is full of pride. In #2 he's showing what he'll look like during the zombie apocalypse.

great shots...

Most reactions

Back