Look Who I Found! Yippeeee!!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went out to get the mail and decided too take a trail back to the house. I stepped into one of the fields at the front and I FINALLY found a deer here!
Now I know it's not a brilliant shot so no need for C&C. We both had a moment of HOLY CRAP! lol Luckily I got my wits about me before she did ;)
It has only taken me 6 months to actually see a deer here, they have always been one step ahead of me, soooo glad I take my camera everywhere lol.

lol c.cloudwalker! They are rather red aren't they.
Alan, I haven't been around many deer in my life but after I got past "Holy Crap!" I thought wow she's big! It was an awesome moment :)

Apparently in places like Ohio they are as common as rabbits and are referred to as rodents on hoofs. When I drove through that state a few years ago, I noted that deer were quite prominent in the road-kill statistics. However, they are not as bad as moose are in places like New Brunswick and Newfoundland. Oh, and if you have a garden... you'll need extra strong fencing, or a motivated guard dog.

Ha ha Pixel apparently if you want to see deer you have to come down to the big city - we see them frequently in the park behind our building. And coyotes too, believe it or not.

But we can't find many birds, so you win there :)

Hey Pgriz and BlackSheep :)
There are a fair amount of deer around here, we see them often in the fields when we are driving by, hunting season is very active, I felt like ducking more than once this year lol but BlackSheep, I'll gladly trade some birds for your coyotes!
Northern Ontario is bad for moose also, I have a friend who is a trucker, she got a job to go to BC and the day after she put the moose catcher on her truck, she hit one. We saw more moose at the cottage up north than we saw deer!
I'm kinda on a mission, to take a picture of everything I find here at home, a "What is on this 20 acres" kinda deal. I have this idea to print the good shots at say 5x7 and start making collages of them on the wall, hopefully it turns out!

Good thing you didn't step on her fawn.

Good point Designer! I think there was someone with her, I heard noise in the woods on the side opposite to where she ran so either babies or she had a sidekick.
I definitely wouldn't want to take her on, guestimating I would say her shoulder was probably close to my shoulder height (I'm 5ft 5)

Judi, so you finally saw a Deer on your 20 acres, and remembered to take a picture. I'm still trying to get use to the fact that you live on a 20 acre site. Only wild animals I've ever seen in our backyard are rabbits, a few Opossums, and an occasional Raccoon.

Good point Designer! I think there was someone with her, I heard noise in the woods on the side opposite to where she ran so either babies or she had a sidekick.

One spring my wife was out mowing and watching a doe, and nearly mowed the fawn! Gasp! No harm, no foul.

Judi, so you finally saw a Deer on your 20 acres, and remembered to take a picture. I'm still trying to get use to the fact that you live on a 20 acre site. Only wild animals I've ever seen in our backyard are rabbits, a few Opossums, and an occasional Raccoon.

Joel, you are looking in the wrong place. For wild animals, you need to go where they congregate. That would be on the flat surface in front of your house. Timing is also important. The wilder ones don't seem to come out until after dark. ;)

Most reactions

Back