I have the Canon SX10 IS and Love it. It is the first real camera I have owned and it has some nice features. The super macro is amazing and but I'm not very good with composition/lighting/coloring etc..., so my shots don't always come out great. I have seen others take great shots with it and it has great potential. It also has raw, but I don't really know how to post process so I always shoot in jpg.
I also really like the flip out lcd screen and the fact you can flip it every which way. I've gotten a few neat shots at weird angles I otherwise wouldn't of gotten. The LCD when turned on does suck alot of power but when you use the view finder it lasts for hundreds of shots, hours of shooting. My only gripe is that the pictures look way better on you computer than they do on the screen, so sometimes its hard to tell till you get home if they turned out alright.
Here are a few shots I've taken recently, again I'm a beginer so I'm sure they could be much better.