Looking for a first DSLR

Hey all, first post on the forums here, so I figured I'd include some background. I haven't used an SLR camera since a film 35mm pentax I had for college courses, but I find myself taking photos quite often as of late, and I'm bumping up against the limitations of the digital cameras I now have (a sony point and shoot, and a couple of cellphone cameras), so I'm looking to jump up to a DSLR.

I mostly shoot landscapes and product photos, but occasionally go for wildlife and car shows. The sheer number of options out there has me on informational overload, so I thought I'd get some advice from people with more experience (you guys!).

I noticed a lot of the articles online seem to suggest Nikon D3300, Pentax K-S2, and Canon Rebel T6s camera bodies for beginners, would one of these be a good fit? Is there something else I should consider? In either case, what lens(es) should I look at starting out with?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Hey all, first post on the forums here, so I figured I'd include some background. I haven't used an SLR camera since a film 35mm pentax I had for college courses, but I find myself taking photos quite often as of late, and I'm bumping up against the limitations of the digital cameras I now have (a sony point and shoot, and a couple of cellphone cameras), so I'm looking to jump up to a DSLR.

I mostly shoot landscapes and product photos, but occasionally go for wildlife and car shows. The sheer number of options out there has me on informational overload, so I thought I'd get some advice from people with more experience (you guys!).

I noticed a lot of the articles online seem to suggest Nikon D3300, Pentax K-S2, and Canon Rebel T6s camera bodies for beginners, would one of these be a good fit? Is there something else I should consider? In either case, what lens(es) should I look at starting out with?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
I don't have my first camera yet but because of price, tilty/swivel screen and external mic for video
I'll be going for a d5200 on Black Friday !
Tilty swivle screen makes life better I have it on my point and shoot and can't not have that now

Most reactions

New Topics

Back