Looking for a Flash!

Thaash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to buy a flash for my Eos 50D. I am looking for a flash like the 430 EX II or the 580 EX from canon, but a cheaper version. I need the flash for portrait shots and to photograph food from around 1 meter distance.

Would you recommend Yongnuo or Metz? and if yes, which particular model would you recommend?

I like yongnuo....they work great for me

go to speedlights.net for more info on the models

Sunpak pz42x but make sure its not used because some older ones from a couple years ago had issues with the 50d I heard.

thank you for your help so far. I forgot to add that I also plan to use more flashes (slave mode) in the future.

Nissin DI866 is pretty powerful and cheap.

The Sunpak is only like $140 right now. 3.5 second recycle time, full bounce and swivel, 24mm-105mm zoom, guide number 138 @ISO100. Built in wide angle diffuser..

• Fully compatible with E-TTL II capable SLR cameras, but also backwards-compatible with TTL metering for all earlier EOS cameras • AF Assist Light supports better autofocus performance in the dark (up to 16') • EV adjustment (-1.5, -1, -0.5, 0, +0.5, +1, +1.5) • Large panel with bright, easy-to-read LCD display • Flash-coverage scale on LCD screen • Automatic Shutdown mode shuts off flash from inactivity after several minutes

Stay with OEM is my thoughts...

Most reactions

Back