Looking for a Lense, Nikon D5300

Eirik.Strand1996

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, i just got interested in photo, or i always liked it, but now am gonna star doing it myself.
So i am pretty sure i gonna buy a Nikon D5300 (no lense with) and am looking for my first lense, so ..
I want a wide lense but at the same time i want a more of an normal lense, so i was talking to some other photo studtents at my school, and we figured out am gonna need a lense with covers both my needs, wide and normal lense, something like 27-50 or something like that, but i do also care about the sharpness of the picture too.
i have a hardtime findig what am looking for. hope some of you have any recomandations, or can help me on the way :)

I like my Sigma 17-70 as a general use lens. You should be able to find it used if you're open to that. It's an expensive hobby and buying used from a reputable store can save you some money.

Also, the 18-55 kit lens is nice for the price.

I had a tamron 17-50 f 2.8, great lens on an aps-c camera. Whatever you decide to go with make sure to research it first. Your camera body does not have a built in focus motor so if you want to be able to autofocus you want to make sure the lens has a motor built in and that your buying the correct version of the lens. Sigma designates this as HSM, Tamron uses BIM

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I should mention I own the Sigma 17-50 and the number one thing I like about it is that you can fine tune the focus. Example, lets say your getting a close up shot of something and the auto focus does a reasonably good job, you can turn the focus ring manually a little to dial it home. For me, that is a pretty useful feature. If I am just walking about, it is the lens I use. Great for group photo's and cramped interior shots at parties as well. For landscapes, I still prefer my 35mm 1.8 prime.

Another vote for the Sigma 17-50mm 2.8

Most reactions

Back