Looking for a light meter

Pumpedupkicks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for an easy to read light meter. I just bought a Graflex so I need one thank you! $image.jpeg

Pocket Light Meter, by Nuwaste. From the App store. It is SUPER-easy to use, and works great!

150876712.jpg

Derrel,:shock: you heathen! You can't use some tacky smart-phone app with a classic like a Crown Graphic. You need something like this classic old Sekonic!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Pocket Light Meter?.... :what:

Is there any app they don't make? :lmao:

The nice thing about Pocket Light Meter is the way the three "rolling scroll wheels" at the bottom function; simply slide the time or f/stop or ISO up or down, and the other readouts move as needed. In my sample picture, the ISO is set to 80, and the shutter speed was 1/10, at the f/stop of f/3.5. If I nudged the speed up, the aperture value would go wider, in perfect lock-step with the changing shutter speed.

For beginners, this shows the so-0called Exposure Triangle in a very graphical manner.

Another nice thing about this meter is the red "aiming box"; conventional reflected light meters, like the above-mentioned Sekonic and Weston meters, have a vague, generalized "just point it that way" angle of acceptance that is quite broad, and utterly un-defined by any kind of aiming device. With the Pocket Light Meter app, you KNOW, exactly, where the metering is being done. It might seem like a gimmick...but it is actually the best reflected light meter I have ever owned, and I have owned four different ones over the past 35 years.

Now, if they made one that could meter FLASH pops...

The nice thing about Pocket Light Meter is the way the three "rolling scroll wheels" at the bottom function; simply slide the time or f/stop or ISO up or down, and the other readouts move as needed. In my sample picture, the ISO is set to 80, and the shutter speed was 1/10, at the f/stop of f/3.5. If I nudged the speed up, the aperture value would go wider, in perfect lock-step with the changing shutter speed.

For beginners, this shows the so-0called Exposure Triangle in a very graphical manner.

Another nice thing about this meter is the red "aiming box"; conventional reflected light meters, like the above-mentioned Sekonic and Weston meters, have a vague, generalized "just point it that way" angle of acceptance that is quite broad, and utterly un-defined by any kind of aiming device. With the Pocket Light Meter app, you KNOW, exactly, where the metering is being done. It might seem like a gimmick...but it is actually the best reflected light meter I have ever owned, and I have owned four different ones over the past 35 years.

Now, if they made one that could meter FLASH pops...

Pocket light meter app and luxi is all you need . Luxi is a diffusion dome for the iPhone when using the app. Since downloading the app I have not carried my Minolta light meter with me .

Awesome thank you so much but I want to ask what is the time? In the picture it says 1/10 and I dont have that as a shutter speed on my camera please help? and I am sorry for asking all of this I am just new to manual cameras

What speeds does your shutter have? Is it an old shutter? 25 50 100 200 400?

You can use the closest fractional speed and be within tolerance for most uses. For example, 1/8 and 1/10 second are close enough for gub'ment work. Same with 1/25 and 1/30 second. The meter has loads of different shutter speeds...from 1 second... moving upward in fine increments...

1/6,1/8,1/10,1/13,1/15,1/20,1/25,1/30, all the way up to 1/8000 second.

Its an old one 25 50 100 200 400 so what do I do then since its the old kind

If someone could help me out on my shutter speeds that would be great! thank you

The light meter has any and all the speeds you'll need. Trust me...this meter will work with your Crown Graphic just fine.

Awesome thank you so much! and one more thing when it says time what does that mean like the shutter speed? If it does my camera only has like 25 50 100 200 400

Most reactions

Back