Looking for a more advanced RAW program

Aperature would be great if I had a Mac. Unfortunately, switching over my programs (CS2, Corel, etc.) to Mac-base will be like another $3000 upon the PowerMac I want.

Talk to the companies before assuming you have to repurchase software. Many will give you a mac copy for free or a much lower price then buying new as you already have a license to use the software. When a friend of mine was considering switching to Mac a while ago he said he talked to adobe and they were fine with it.

RawShooter Pro is an excelent software. It eliminates not only high ISO noises, but hot pixels too. All automatic.
Nice soft.
Regards

Just looking for something that can handle sharpening and noisse a tad better. DPP does a okay job, but I figure a more advance program may run better algorythms for a more refined touch. On High ISO shots 800+, the sharpening really adds to the grainieness more than I like. Can be fixed in Ps, but I rather not if possible.

DPP doesn't seem to sharpen all that much. Usually after applying the max amount of sharpening in DPP I can stand to sharpen more in PS. I'm lazy though so I don't always do it.

Lightroom, Lightroom, Lightroom.

If you are on a Mac, consider Aperture.

Did I mention Lightroom? ;)

Are you saying Lightroom isn't available for Mac?

Aperture stinks in comparison. Aperture is to Lightroom what Live Type is to After Effects.
I use Lightroom on MY Mac, and it works flawlessly.

Talk to the companies before assuming you have to repurchase software. Many will give you a mac copy for free or a much lower price then buying new as you already have a license to use the software. When a friend of mine was considering switching to Mac a while ago he said he talked to adobe and they were fine with it.

I did speak with Adobe a while back before I upgraded my PC, they pretty much told me I had to buy the full version of CS again to get the Mac license. $950. Are you kidding me? Maybe if I paid for the upgrade version (which is the full version anyway) I would do it. Paid $250 for my original student version in school and upgraded ever since at a $150 a pop. Talked to Apple about it also, maybe a price break or something to switch-over and negate the cost. Nope. Guess Steve Jobs still needs more money.

Adobe CS2 Raw is pretty lame but CS3 is very good. For someone who owns Photoshop CS3, I see no reason to purchase another program for raw processing. For those who do not own Photoshop CS3, then Lightroom or Aperture is a great choice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back