Looking for a working film camera

Pumpedupkicks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for a film camera. I dont have a lot of money to spend. Also I am looking for an working instant camera. Any help would be great thank you and god bless!

i had an Elan 7NE for a couple yrs. fantastic rig. very quiet shutter

i've got more than a few working older 35mm bodies and lenses.

we need your budget, tho

budget is important. also, any particular brand of camera? any particular film format? (i assume 35mm)

Well I would like to spend 35 but I can spend up to 65

Unless you have a cheap hookup for instant film, i'd pass on the instant camera.. since you have a tight budget. Instant film is pretty expensive these days. I mean, just as an example, 10 shots of polaroid is almost 50 bucks on amazon..

I think for your camera budget, craigslist is going to be your best bet.. that way you don't have to deal with shipping at least. Or local thrift stores.

Also, you didn't mention what kind of 35mm camera you wanted. SLR with interchangeable lenses with lots of controls? That'll cost you more. Point and shoot? You can find useable point and shoots under $20, heck, often under $5 in most thrift stores. They won't be awesome, but they'll take photos.

Unless you have a cheap hookup for instant film, i'd pass on the instant camera.. since you have a tight budget. Instant film is pretty expensive these days. I mean, just as an example, 10 shots of polaroid is almost 50 bucks on amazon..

I think for your camera budget, craigslist is going to be your best bet.. that way you don't have to deal with shipping at least. Or local thrift stores.

Also, you didn't mention what kind of 35mm camera you wanted. SLR with interchangeable lenses with lots of controls? That'll cost you more. Point and shoot? You can find useable point and shoots under $20, heck, often under $5 in most thrift stores. They won't be awesome, but they'll take photos.

Actually there is cheap film for instant cameras. Get a polaroid reporter and some.... Amazon.com: FUJIFILM FP-100C 3.25 X 4.25 Inches Professional Instant Color Film: Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a Canon EOS Rebel 35mm film SLR, black body, with a clean, sharp Sigma 70-210 f/4~5.6 autofocus zoom + front lens cap that I'll sell you for $40 + $12.95 shipping to your zip code. Clean, hardly used, light, small, good condition. It's almost "like new". PM me if you are interested.

I'll second that. I found a Pentax ME Super with a like-new SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 lens for $15 at Goodwill not too long ago. Of course, I consider that my luckiest find ever, and it doesn't help the OP at all. Other times I always find a rack full of cheap plastic 35mm and Polaroid instant cameras for about $5-$10 apiece.

I'm bidding on this one at the moment: shopgoodwill.com - #11810980 - Rollei 35 Camera w/ Tessar 40mm f/3.5 - Case - 11/14/2012 7:06:00 PM

sa7188988117-ee.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back