Looking for an older DSLR camera help?

I went to my local camera/electronics-centric pawnshop a couple weeks ago, and saw a NICE Fuji bridge camera...you know, a camera with like a 30x or more zoom lens, small, compact, decent viewfinder and lens focal lengths actually marked out on the barrel, with a good, and well-designed zoom system that allowed me to stop where I wanted Price used and mint? $79. I really liked having the 35mm equivalent lengths on the big, long zoom marking scale. The whole package was small and light. Video too, My ex-wife and I had a pair of earlier Fuji's of this style. Fuji really,really has had some good bridge-type cameras, over the last 10+ years, all based on the same basics body shape and size. I see this kind of camera as a very viable camera for many people. It has the video and the small form factor AND the big, long zoom tele and the wide range of focal lengths, affordably. This kind of Fuji has many of the benefits of a d-slr, but without the weight and the cost.

I wish I was at your pawn shop. I would have bought that for sure!
After some searching, the s4800 looks like a really good match for me; but I couldn't find it for anywhere near 79 dollars.
I'll have to just keep my eyes peeled! OuO

Buffzillla said:
I wish I was at your pawn shop. I would have bought that for sure!
After some searching, the s4800 looks like a really good match for me; but I couldn't find it for anywhere near 79 dollars.
I'll have to just keep my eyes peeled! OuO

Yeah, see, in today's camera market, a USED camera of that type has so,so little open-market resale value that it's $79 as a pawned item...cameras are no longer "valuable items" once they are sold as used or pre-owned items, and now that phones and tablets have still and video camera capability and so on...even really NICE cameras are dirt cheap these days. The camera makers are selling fewer and fewer cameras; the camera market has basically, shrunk for the last four consecutive years, in a big way. USED cameras are a great way to save a ton of money...the value of cameras has dropped soooo low that it makes sense to just buy used ones now.

Here, check out the store's multiple online sales channels. http://www.ilikestuff.com/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back