Looking for BEST graphics display!

I have a calibrated LCD at home...HP somthing or other. Now that it's calibrated...it's pretty accurate....but the problem that I have is that it looks different depending on the angle at which I've viewing it at. If I'm having a hard day and I'm slouching in my chair...the image looks different (mostly shadow detail) than if I'm sitting up straight. I don't have this problem with a CRT.

thats precisely what i dont like about LCDs. i have a bad back and an even worse hip, so im constantly changing sitting positions. with an LCD, i would have to adjust the screen every time i adjusted myself.

from what ive read and was told about the new SED TV technology, it sounds very impressive. if i understand it right, its CRT type technology, but instead of having one CRT tube to produce the entire screen, it has a CRT for each pixel.

this is from Wikipedia...

A surface-conduction electron-emitter display (SED) is a flat panel display technology that uses surface conduction electron emitters for every individual display pixel. The surface conduction emitter emits electrons that excite a phosphor coating on the display panel, the same basic concept found in traditional cathode ray tube (CRT) televisions. This means that SEDs use small cathode ray tubes behind every single pixel (instead of one tube for the whole display) and can combine the slim form factor and contrast ratios of LCDs and plasme displays with the superior viewing angles, black levels, and pixel response time of CRTs. Canon also claims that SEDs consume less power than LCD displays.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface-conduction_electron-emitter_display

Lacie is a very good brand, but a tad pricey...

apple's cinema LCD's (20", 24", and 30" widescreens) are very very good...and are actually the exact same displays used in the Dell ultrasharp widescreen series (again, 20", 24" and 30"). from my research the 20" shows the best quality for photo work. I've been using one for almost a year now and absolutely love it...i might end up getting another soon (my model is the 2005fpw. a newer released model called the 2007fpw has replaced it in their ultrasharp line). i havent calibrated mine with a hardware colorimeter (i know, shame on me), but apparently the apple cinemas/dell ultrasharp widescreen (fpw) LCDs calibrate very well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back