Looking for C&C

Captain IK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just testing the waters here to see if I am posting correctly.

Here's a pic I took of my cat.
DSC_0748.jpg

Just looking for a few comments
This hasn't been cropped or retouched...yet

lol i like the cats face, its like what the heck are you doing here. The bottom blown out part is pretty distracting.

yea maybe use more light coming from the front and block the light from the top to give it more even lighting.

What I like here is that the light from behind outlines the cat and makes it stand out against the background. What I don't like overly much is that the same light also lit up the seam of the sofa. That vertical line is somewhat distracting now.

All in all, the photo isn't quite as sharp as I would like to see it, and there's not enough light in the cat's face (result from the backlight) ... I assume you worked with high ISO and what's causing the "not-quite-sharpness" is actually noise?

strong resemblence to garfield.... as for that line?. easily fixed by cloning it out in photoshop

I think this is a really good shot. I like the backlighting. You can leave it as is, or crop a bit from the sides and bottom, then sharpen it a bit. Post the results if you process it, i'd like to see.

Thanks for the comments guys. I will touch it up a bit and post the results.

Dave

DSC_0749.jpg

How's this...any improvement?
I see cloning out the leather stitching didn't work well. Have to be careful which monitor I edit pics on I guess. Can see the cloning on one monitor, but not the other.

If it looks a little "soft" to you and not as sharp as it should be, I think it has more to do with the backlighting and not focus. I think it adds tothe shot especially since it is a portrait. Sometimes too much sharpness in a portrait is a bad thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back