Looking for fisheye

lexaniji

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all

Im willibg to buy a fisheye lens for quite a while now. I'm not willing to spend like 300 bucks. I know a bout samyang rokinon bower and such. But theyre all well over 250. Im looking for a replacement for around 100 bucks. Iam not looking for a fisheye filter thing. Unless its really good.

Im on a Nikon D7000 with a 18-200mm VR

Kind regards

Bower and the like are pretty much bottom tiered fisheye lenses. With your budget i would recommend either saving a bit more, scouring local craigslist for a steal, or settling for a fisheye "look".

Old Spiratones might be an option.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Save your $$ - the cheapest you're likely to find is a used Rokinon/Samyang/Whatever, but even then I'm not sure I've seen one south of $200...

With your budget, all you'll find new are the screw-on adapters. And it wouldn't surprise me if they're true fisheyes.... most are just wide-angle adapters.

I have 4 Samyang's. Cheap as hell...sharp as a knife. Save up for one or buy a fish filter or do it in PP.

Thanks for all the information!

Sadly couldnt find a spiratone.

I gues ill just save up and/or buy a second hand samyang.

What brand is better btw? Samyang rokinon or bower? (Depending on fisheyes)

Oh yea. And. Is the bower flah on ebay for around 50 bucks a good option?

Thanks for all the information!

Sadly couldnt find a spiratone.

I gues ill just save up and/or buy a second hand samyang.

What brand is better btw? Samyang rokinon or bower? (Depending on fisheyes)

Oh yea. And. Is the bower flah on ebay for around 50 bucks a good option?

Vivitar, Samyang, ProOptic, Bower, Opteka, Bell & Howell, Rokinon and Falcon are all the same. They're all rebranded from the same factory.

If this is for a one time shoot, just rent it.

If you're on that much of a budget, I suggest ignoring fisheye lenses altogether. The cheap ones don't work well, and it's ridiculous to mortgage your house or whatever to get a really nice one when you'll probably use it like 5 times. They're very niche and IMO should only be bought if you are rich enough (or professional who plans to make your money back) to just pay cash out of pocket for a $500+ one, and not worry about it. Compared to saving up instead for equipment you will use far more often.

Otherwise, photoshop or mayyybe rental.

Go used and look. It is an item people buy and then realize they don't have a use for or don't like,

If I had an 18-200 I would look into getting a prime lens but that is what I like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back