Looking for inspiration...

IgsEMT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pictureperfectny.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey folks. Is this really a dead end :banghead: ?
I hit creative wall where everything I do (from shooting to processing) is just the same from one job to another. Clients like it but me - I'm just bored of and hope that perhaps someone can direct me to a new/different style in shooting and processing.
Thanks!

Can you figure out just ONE new thing to incorporate? A PS action, for instance? A nice, new border? Your question isn't really fully fleshed out, so it's hard to give much of an answer except to try something, anything, new and different. You're not mentioning what kind of clients you're working for,and so on.

There you go. You're only doing 2 things. If you find that you're getting bored if these types of things, try different types of photography. A new challenge awaits. I saw an HDR photo and was interested now im researching and i'm in the HDR discussion threads asking questions and learning new things. I was mainly into ladscape and sports at first. Now I got street and general added as well. Everywhere you go take your camera with you and shoot away my friend.

Don't ever be afraid to step out of your comfort zone!

Hi Derrel.
I shoot ppl. Wedding etc
Get out of your 9 dots and shoot something that isn't ppl or weddings.

It worked for me.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/black-white-gallery/212545-richter-scale.html

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/214876-diptych.html

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/214543-paperlavaflow.html

In the context of shooting ppl and weddings, visiting some other shooters web sites and looking at what they are doing may open some doorways worth exploring.

Thanks Guys.
It isn't about shooting something else. I still need to shoot what I shoot (since it pays the bills) but I'm looking for something different. Not really sure what (thats the problem though) but something other then what I've been delivering so far...

Call me a philistine if you will but your job is not your hobby. If you have a product that satisfies your client's needs and satisfies your financial needs then you might not want to mess with it too much just now. Look to creating a different type of image or exploring other photographic avenues to satisfy your creative urges. Might not make you any money but can be a useful diversion.

We see quite a few threads where a hobby photographer hopes to some day turn it into a job. Photography as a job is not about creating extraordinary beautiful and memorable images but mostly about photographing for a client's specific needs. The photographer's input is more of a technical nature than an artistic one.

Thanks Guys.
It isn't about shooting something else. I still need to shoot what I shoot (since it pays the bills) but I'm looking for something different. Not really sure what (thats the problem though) but something other then what I've been delivering so far...
I think it's absolutely about shooting something else.

Because you think it isn't, is. why. you're. stuck. ;)

All good advice... but in the end, you need a muse. You're comfortable doing what you're doing. It's paying the bills. And while for your customer, you're immortalizing their special moment(s) and there aren't that many of them... for you, though, you're doing it over and over. A muse gets you to open a few new doors that you have been passing by. A muse gets you to leave the comfort zone. But remember, once you start following your muse, you may have to leave your old world behind. Are you ready for that?

Hey
I go with Bram. Just take some time in the nature or inner city to take some pictures.
What do you think about presentation of emotions via photo ?

Most reactions

Back