Looking for lens suggestions for my X700

mikesaidthis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey there,
I am really new to all of this and I am looking to round out my lens collection. I have a few already, (50mm, 45mm, 28-70mm and 70-210mm) I am picking up a nice ROKKOR-X 28mm for a good price and was looking to get a macro lens. I have had people tell me to learn how to use the lenses I have before buying another one. That may be true, but I am always a firm believe that if you can have it, why not. I figure I may not use it this week, perhaps even this month... but, at the time that I am ready to use it, I don't want to wait a week or more to get it!

In any event, I know what macro lenses do, but don't really know what I am looking for that qualifies as a "macro" lens. What would be a good general model? Is there a preferred brand? Should I be looking for a certain spec over another?

Any help or advice in this department would be awesome! Also, if there are any other lenses I might need/want to round out my Minolta collection, please let me know!

Mike- Since you have multiple lenses for your X700, and are considering a macro addition, I'm wondering if you have an extra body.

Let me know if/when you decide it would be good to have a like new X700.

Mike- Since you have multiple lenses for your X700, and are considering a macro addition, I'm wondering if you have an extra body.

Let me know if/when you decide it would be good to have a like new X700.

Just curious, why would I need another body? The one I have is like new, in great shape. How would I benefit?

What is the aspect ratio of this lens? (this is the question you want to ask)

Ever heard of a macro extension tube? Ever wonder what those are for?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back