Looking for my first SLR camera...

DPNY

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to purchase my first SLR camera for family, pet and outdoor shots. I'm leaning towards Nikon but am open to other suggestions. I've researched the Nikon D5100, D90 and also found some great deals on D7000(body only) from my local PC Richards. The reviews state that the D5100 is good for beginners but if I can fit a D7000 with a decent lens within my budget, do I buy it or will it be too much camera to learn from?

Any advise would be appreciated!

Dom

D7000 is a fantastic camera so if you can afford it, then buy it.
It's way better then a D5100(and D90) and you will not have a problem learning that camera.

You won't regret going for the upgraded camera if at all possible. Exposure is exposure no matter what camera you are on, so learning is still pretty much the same. Go for it!

Thanks! Do you recommend getting the kit lens or would I be better off buying the body on a D7000 and a seperate lens? If so, any good everyday starter lens under $500 that you suggest?

I love my D7000 and the kit lens is OK. I sold my kit lens and got a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 for $450. You ca also get a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 for about $450.

Canon or Nikon will do you real well. I personally prefer Canon but that's just my weapon of choice. Each to their own :) Either way, these two makes will see you right.

Most reactions

Back