Looking for photographs related to depression for documentary

Leoniek95

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there! Not sure if this is the right subforum... We are currently in our post production fase for our short documentary on depression. This documentary exist out of voice over monologues of depressed people and found footage imagery.

We are looking for photo's/portrets that make a connotation to depression. Or have a metaphorical layer to depressed people. For example Edward Honaker's photoserie on depression.

We would like to use this images in our film so if you do submit, take notion that this film will be screened at various events, and put online and spread on different social media.

For inquiries mail to [email protected]

Thank you very much!

Leonie

My stuff can be viewed on my 500px page (link below), can be bought there too.

I'd give ONE image for free, since.. was depressed (+anxiety) for 13 years, but I sure hope you're not fishing for
free stuff here. o_O

I've found Gregory Crewdson to be a good example of depresson,. but maybe its just how I intupert it.

Actually I hoped to find some stuff for free here. I've gotten lots of video footage from filmmakers who wanted to participate in the documentary, so I hoped photographers would be as generous too.

Actually I hoped to find some stuff for free here. I've gotten lots of video footage from filmmakers who wanted to participate in the documentary, so I hoped photographers would be as generous too.
Okay... so EVERYONE involved in the project is dontating EVERYTHING? There are no fees, salaries or honourariums being paid to anyone? Forgive my apparent skepticism, but we see a lot of requests like this where people assume that photographers will happily donate their work to a project where others are being paid, simply for the sake of "exposure". I've tried, but my gas station refuses to take my exposure credits in exchange for gasoline. Now... if this is a truly non-profit, no-pay (as in no one is paid anything, and any funds raised are dontated to an appropriate cause) that puts it in a different light. If that is the case, I would recommend leading with that, so that people understand the situation a little more clearly.

You also need to elaborate on what you want as far as usage so that the images can be properly licensed, regardless of whether or not payment is given.

We are currently in our post production fase ..
Your film is in post-production, yet you are still looking for graphic material.

If I had an assignment to produce images that portrayed depression, I would consider it pretty much a blank page and go out to make the photographs. I probably would not already have such photographs.

Also, the issue of not being paid is concerning because I have no idea of where the film plays, to whom, and how many times.

Provide more info. on who's doing this, if it's a nonprofit group, etc. if you're asking people to donate or contribute to your efforts.

Basically if you're producing a film I think the expectation is that the filmmakers would be taking the photos themselves or contracting with some photographers.

And it would also be useful to know in what country this film is being produced. If I'm not mistaken, your English is not native.

I've found Gregory Crewdson to be a good example of depresson,. but maybe its just how I intupert it.

Alec Soth as well.

Really? I never got a depressing vibe from his work.

Not all of his work (which I really like), but parts of Broken Manual and Niagra. Much of Sleeping by the Mississippi gives me that feeling.
His photos are both emotional and empty, with a touch of Diane Arbus.

Okay... so EVERYONE involved in the project is dontating EVERYTHING? There are no fees, salaries or honourariums being paid to anyone? Forgive my apparent skepticism, but we see a lot of requests like this where people assume that photographers will happily donate their work to a project where others are being paid, simply for the sake of "exposure". I've tried, but my gas station refuses to take my exposure credits in exchange for gasoline. Now... if this is a truly non-profit, no-pay (as in no one is paid anything, and any funds raised are dontated to an appropriate cause) that puts it in a different light. If that is the case, I would recommend leading with that, so that people understand the situation a little more clearly.

You also need to elaborate on what you want as far as usage so that the images can be properly licensed, regardless of whether or not payment is given.

Geez, sorry. I'm just a student... Take it easy.

He is taking it easy. Ask your doctor to waive his fee because your a student.

The run down is as of right now you have one free photo. If you would like more photo's most people will want a contract even if they are free so that you don't claim copyright on them.

Since you're a student. Is this a volunteer based project or are their any paid members? Will there be any income gained from the film ie. are you charging people to view or are you as generous as you expect your photographers to be.

You are asking people to give away what puts food on the table. Kind a hard thing to swallow sometimes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back