What's new

Looking for recommendation: Wireless flash trigger

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Feb 7, 2013
Messages
2,016
Reaction score
692
Location
Atlanta, GA, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in search of a wireless hot-shoe-mounted flash trigger, compatible with my Olympus OM-D E-M5ii.

I have been taking some portraits lately, and I have had to rely on my on-camera fill flash to trigger the soft-box/umbrella flash. Depending on lighting conditions, it has been hit or miss. It has been frustrating at times.

I have 2 flashes. The Olympus FL-600 and the Yonguno 560 IV. I hope it would be compatible with both brands.
I am hoping to spend $50 or less, but could probably go up to $100 for a more quality product.

Thanks!
 
If you want quality (Pocket Wizard), you're going to need to spend a little more than that, however, the Yongnuo line has some decent stuff at pretty reasonable prices.
 
Your YN 560iv is a trigger. Just need more YNs. Or the 560TX.

Whatever my sig says lol. Cant see it in mobile version, and I dont want to give you wrong product info.
 
If you want quality (Pocket Wizard), you're going to need to spend a little more than that, however, the Yongnuo line has some decent stuff at pretty reasonable prices.

Hmm...
I guess I didn't realize they were that expensive.
 
Your YN 560iv is a trigger. Just need more YNs. Or the 560TX.

Whatever my sig says lol. Cant see it in mobile version, and I dont want to give you wrong product info.

Maybe I don't know what I'm doing.
I use my 560iv as an off camera remote trigger, but my issue is that I can't trigger it (using my on camera flash).

It appears that YN560TX is only available for Nikon or Canon?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom