Looking for some accesories for my second hand Rebel XTi (400D)

LuigiVN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey people

I bought a Rebel XTi some months ago off amazon in used like new condition, only visible signs of usage: some wear on the grip and on the DOF preview button. I bought a cheap 9.99 bag from eBay which only holds the camera, a regular zoom lens attached to it and some small accesories on the side pockets (a couple batteries, memory cards or battery charger usb cable etc...). I was able to squeeze the 50mm and the crappy 28-80 II that came with my camera in this bag pretty nicely without the lenses scratching or anything but I recently upgraded that 28-80 to a EF-S 18-135 IS (waiting for it to arrive and I don't think I'm gonna be able to do this anymore) so basically I'm looking for an affordable bag which can hold 1 or 2 lenses apart from the one attached to the camera comfortably and is rugged enough to protect all the gear. I'm able to spend about $60 on this.

Another thing I've been looking for is a battery grip, these are kinda hard to find at low prices for such an old camera, some chinese ''replacements'' on ebay seem good, some others come with a couple of 3rd party batteries. I'm looking for the best I can find for the money (those aren't usually the Canon ones).

Thanks in advance.

edit: I'd also like a bag where I can put my camera with the battery grip on :)

Scroll down the main forum page, to the supporting vendors. Check out Link Delight. They have a good selection of cheap photo accessories. I've bought a couple battery grips from them, some batteries and a bunch of other stuff as well. It's not top quality gear, but it's not garbage either, and the price is right.

Choosing a camera bag on spec, is pretty hard. Do you have a good camera store around you somewhere? If you can, I'd suggest looking at bags in-person, so that you can see just how big they are.

What was said above go to a local camera store and try some out. Maby make your budget a little bigger. When i bought my first bag i thought it would be great for years. I never took into account how uncomfortable it was when walking, limited space for new gear. So i ended up throwing that one in the closet and buying a sling bag with lots of room for new gear in the future.

I live in Costa Rica and we actually don't have a dedicated camera shop around, that's why we must import all of our gear. There are some things avaliable in big stores like Walmart or Office Depot but they don't have decent stuff or just a couple of things or they won't even let you touch them, I wanted to test out a Canon G12 in Office Depot once and the guy told me it customers can't ''test'' cameras (not even the sample ones, they are standing on some sort of stick without batteries) and looked me like if I wanted to steal it. I have never seen a bag for DSLRs, the closest it a ****ty bridge bag where a Canon SX30IS barely fits...

I'll take a look at Link Delight. Thanks man

Most reactions

New Topics

Back