Looking for Tips about Black Friday Deals

Meliza Summer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

Its my first time buying a high-end Nikon camera and my friend said that I just wait for black friday. D Do you guys have any idea about the price cut for Camera and peripherals?

Thanks

The only thing I can say is, when the Black Friday deals start just have a good look at all the deals and go from there.

Hi thanks for the reply. As per searching the net even popular camera shops like Adorama doesn't show it until the day itself. While other shops like on Amazon has a pre-black friday sale. I'll just shop around to where I can save.

Most Black Friday ads are already out there. Just google whatever store you’re interested in and Black Friday. Or check out sites like nerd wallet or slick deals for overall info.

Top Five Black Friday Deal Sites

What I’ve found is that most places start selling online at bf prices the week leading up to thanksgiving. No need to fight the crowds on bf unless you enjoy that type of thing.

Decide in advance which camera model is right for you, research the normal price and typical add ons so you’ll know a bargain when you see it.

Buy from a well known, reputable online seller. If a price is too good to be true, research the seller. Lots of scams and bait and switch from the smaller online stores. Personally I stick to Adorama, Cameta, BH Photo or Best Buy which will match price.

.. high-end Nikon camera ..
Since you haven't defined "high end", nor indicated which model, exactly, I will simply guess, based on what I think "high end" means. To me, it is an "enthusiast-level" camera, and not one of the "entry-level" cameras. This brings me to my point:

In my recollection, the black Friday deals are almost always the entry-level kits, often with peripheral accessories, and bundled all together in order to confuse the shopper. I have never seen much in the way of actual enthusiast-level cameras being substantially reduced just for one day. It could happen, but I think we can presume a rather limited supply of them, and the retailer may be counting on making up the profit margin by selling you some additional accessories.

My recommendation is to start your shopping now in order to get enough information that you can recognize a good deal when one comes up. Start making notes or clipping ads, and pay close attention to what else is being bundled with the camera. Most deals include a camera that isn't selling quite as well as hoped, bundled with a mediocre lens or two, a really cheap tripod, a tiny gear bag, some useless filters, an off-brand speedlight, and a lens cleaning kit. Big whoop!

I usually recommend that beginners take a deep breath, take some time to learn what's what, and carefully compare like equipment with like equipment so you know which deal is the best. Oh, and watch out for gray market stuff. There's nothing wrong with it except for the fact that gray market gear is not covered under factory warranty. You will see such gear selling for about $100 to $150 less than the same thing with a U.S. warranty, and that is what you're paying for when you pay the higher price from a reputable dealer.

If you have questions about certain deals, post a link to the advertised items here and ask again. Good luck!

Black Friday deals are typically a great way to buy two, three, four models iterations behind at way too much cost because retailers could never sell the stock when they were brand new and over the last 3-4 years...

dont believe me. I bought my a6000 new in 2015 on BF:

Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)

Includes Free ▪ SanDisk 16GB Ultra UHS-I SDHC Memory Card (Class 10) ▪ Ruggard STREAK 15 Shoulder Bag (Black with Yellow Accenting) ▪Sensei Cap Keeper Lens Cap Holder ▪ Pearstone Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, 18% Gray (7 x 7.9")

$628.00

It still sells today for $650 with just the kit lens, was introduced in 2014, and was replaced by the a6300, and then the a6500.

Best Buy is advertising it with the 55-210 and 15-55mm kit for $599 this BF in 2018.

Funny though, looks like you can get it for $598 with the 55-210mm and the 15-55mm today if you wanted to at B&H...

BF is a huge scam. Some manufacturers actually make shitty, watered-down versions of their products to specifically sell on BF; Vizio does this.

Instead of dropping the price of the a6000 over the years, when Sony released the a6300, they just increased the price, and then with the a6500, they increased it even more. The prices on these things are ridiculous!

I just know about the black friday lipo battery tips from Gensace tattu, which provide battery deal for my drone. don't know if anyone need it or not?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back