Looking for wedding photography critque

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Hello all, I've been shooting weddings for a few years now and I want to continue getting better. I shot this wedding this weekend and I love how it came out. I would love any critque you have on these images (especially if you have experience with wedding photography!) thanks a lot!
dsc5772ru4.jpg

dsc5841ia6.jpg

dsc5897hq2.jpg

dsc5799ae1.jpg

dsc5941fe0.jpg

dsc5979jc9.jpg

dsc6021mi0.jpg

dsc6023bs8.jpg

dsc6059ew6.jpg

dsc6271kl4.jpg

dsc6501pa5.jpg

dsc6489pe0.jpg

dsc6481lf9.jpg

dsc6633tu5.jpg

dsc6713bk7.jpg

dsc6722ig2.jpg

dsc6809mk8.jpg

dsc6816su4.jpg

dsc6864dq6.jpg

dsc6928bo4.jpg

Last edited:
I love all of them except 13 and 16. 13 makes him look 18 ft tall, and 16 just didn't seem to be a genuine smile and composition was a bit boring. I absolutely love the rest! very professional looking, you captured a lot of emotion, and the color is really nice IMHO!

I agree with ^^^ the upshots make them both look beaky, however, the shot of the bride alone with her bouquet on her dress was great.
I disliked number 1 it kinda looked like it was going to be a good picture when you put your eye to it and then somehow in less than a second, both of them moved and took away your shot. I find the table in the background far more interesting than your points of focus.

#5 is amazing! I think you did a great job, definately a lot of emotion captured

Nice work. I love #5 - was that a planned shot? or did you just happen to capture it?

Hmm, well, lets see...

1.) kinda works... it looks a bit soft to me, but I can't really tell for sure.

2.) I like how the earring is nice and sharp, as is part of her face but everything else is suffering from the very shallow DOF. It seems that the subject was the woman putting the necklace on the bride so it would have been nice to have that in focus as well, or instead.

3.) I like the idea... creative PJ type shot. I just wish the brides eyes were a little sharper. They look pretty soft to me.

5.) I love the silhouette, what exactly was she doing?

6.) Cute kid, too bad about the completely blown highlights on her dress. I think the direct flash is probably the cause of that.

7.) I kind of like the shot, my biggest frustration with this shot is the shadows created by the flash. I would definitely suggest you get some kind of a diffuser such as a lightosphere, or a bracket or something. Your portrait shots have that side flash lighting that greatly bothers me. Also, watch out for the highlights... I think you have most of them... though if there was any detail in the windows you lost those for sure. This highlight change is also the reason for the chromatic abberations on the banister...

8.) I think it's cute with both her and the flower girl coming down... but neither of them look sharp at all.

9.) no nits here... nice shot.

10.) as was said before, his smile is very awkward. Hopefully you have another shot of that photo.

11.) I like the idea, however in the future I would consider how his height, plus the fact you're taking it from a low angle make him look like he is extremely tall and lanky. Not something every tall and lanky person wants to be reminded of (from personal experience)

12.) I like this shot. very nice. Her skin looks a little orange, but that may just be the lighting.

13.) not a bad shot at all... I would probably have preferred it to be in portrait orientation just cause the stuff on the left and right are a little distracting. Looks like he has that awkward smile again... must be either nervous, or something I dunno.

14.) looks good... I might have liked a bit more DOF but, that's probably personal preference.

15.) I like the shot, but his hands look absolutely huge in proportion to him. Maybe it would help if you were a bit farther back so his hands weren't right on the lens practically.

16-19.) nice shots... a lot of these indoor reception shots look rather orange to me.

20.) I like this a lot. Probably one of my favorites.

I want to preface this by saying I am not a very seasoned wedding photographer. However I know what I like, and what I don't and I try to look at these shots as critically as I can.

just my .02 your mileage may vary

Most reactions

New Topics

Back