Looking to get my frst dSLR

mauckcg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've taken time to read through the buying my first dSLR threads on the forum. They have been extremely helpful so far. I've narrowed the search down to the mid range Nikon DX and the corresponding Canon EOS Rebels. The primary use of the camera will be pictures and videos of motorsports. From the low end 60 MPH and under autocrosses to the full on Le Mans spec prototype races and everything in between. Are there any cameras within those two lines that are good at action/motion pictures or am i looking at the wrong cameras?

Thanks.

Yes, but expect a lot of ancillary expenses as well. Lenses, hard drive storage, etc.

Anytime you get into a new hobby, there are going to be unavoidable costs to get into it.

You should find the body that has the features and specs you require and then start saving for the proper lens for photographing your motorsports. The lens is what is going to make the bigger difference.

You should find the body that has the features and specs you require and then start saving for the proper lens for photographing your motorsports. The lens is what is going to make the bigger difference.

From what i have come across so far it seems the lens has a much larger impact on the quality of the picture than the body does. That is not something i was expecting.

(No flaming about Nikon Vs. Canon plz :D)

From what I read when researching to get my camera, Canon is better for videos and Nikon has better image quality. I went with a Canon because I will be doing videos.

Anytime you get into a new hobby, there are going to be unavoidable costs to get into it.
You'd be surprised at how many don't think about this.

If you expect to shoot in weather you'll need to consider a body and glass built to handle that.

You'd be surprised at how many don't think about this.

If you expect to shoot in weather you'll need to consider a body and glass built to handle that.

In time yes, but that will be in a few years once i am semi-competent with what I am looking to purchase now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back