Lost 5d mkii

danielsmith4213

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dannytsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been having a hell of a lot of trouble with a camera I bought off ebay for the past 5 months and am wondering if anyone has ever encountered anything similar or can tell me what to do...

In August last year I purchased a Canon 5d mkii of ebay from a company called Union Camera in Hong Kong. I was living in Germany at the time with my girlfriend and basically bought the camera because I needed it for a job in America. I paid a lot of money for the camera and it arrived in Germany but for some reason or another got caught up in customs for weeks. Meanwhile I had to leave for America so I asked FedEx to return the camera to the seller..

I later found out that even though I paid for insured postage to Germany, when they returned the package it was not covered by insurance. A couple of weeks passed by and I simply thought that the package was taking a little longer than usual and I started emailing FedEx to see where tha it was.A few more weeks passed by and I started to really get stressed out and then finally FedEx told me that the package was lost. Because I stupidly didn't make a claim with Ebay or Paypal within 60 days, I can't get a refund from them. Because the package wasn't insured on its return, FedEx won't refund me the money. And because it wasn't their fault that the package got lost, The Ebay seller won't refund me my money.

I have a few theories about what happened but sadly the money is gone and I don't have a beautiful full frame camera...

I've talked to everyone on numerous occasions and have been lead to nowhere. My sister who is a lawyer called everyone and she said nothing could be done. I've pretty much run out of ideas, unless someone here has anything to say???

So if I send something insured for $2,700 somewhere and the recipient doesn't sign for it, insurance automatically drops? That sounds fishy.

Well that's what I should have done but I didn't :( It was horrible too because I ended up in the Carribean where cameras are dirt cheap. I ended up getting a 7d which is still a great camera but falls a bit short when I know what I could have had...

Most reactions

Back