Low-light High ISO EOS 7D vs d300 test

well then dont get a d300. id like to see a 7D vs a D7000. now you are comparing two modern cameras.

ISO on a D7000 is probably superior than the 7D. i didnt tested both but from the specs ive seen.
pixel density is lower on d7000, iso goes a bit higher. sensor is larger, a bit less mega pixel so i suspect the d7000 iso performance being a bit better on the d7000.
D7 shoots 8 ftps but has only 19 focus point vs the 39 point on the d7000, again for sport i would choose the d7000 even if its only 6fps.

the only thing that the d7 does best, its video..

First of all it's the 7D, not D7. Secondly specs mean nothing. Until you do a comparison shoot you can't tell how 2 cameras will perform against each other. In reviews the 7D and D7000 are almost perfectly even in most respects. Some things the 7D does better, some the D7000 does better...but all of them are very close. In the ISO tests they're almost completely even. There were scenes the 7D came out ahead and scenes where the D7000 came out ahead.

Oh, and comparing the 60D to the D7000 and saying it's a good indication of where the 7D would fall is irrelevant. The 60D and 7D are different cameras...and although most parts are similar, they're not the same. The 60D is closer to the T2i in terms of functionality and performance (which, again, is similar to the 7D...but not the same).

Most reactions

Back