Lowpro sport backpack for DSLR - know of any others like this?

theregoesjb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ive been keeping my eye out for a nice camera backpack but i find most of them are made to strictly hold camera gear, where the entire inside is fitted for lenses/camera.
All i would need (along with most other amateurs) is space for my camera w/ attached lens, and maybe a second lens. ive been trying to think up ways to convert a camelbak biking pack

lowpro made this.. i think the smaller one would be ideal but i dont know how i feel about the 'sling'

Lowepro | Photo Sport Series

know of anything similar?

Check out the LowePro Orion series of backpacks. They have a small camera gear section at the bottom, and general storage space above.

I ordered the Lowepro Sport Sling 100aw off of Amazon (Cameta), but it's still a few days away. There are some good bag reviews on YouTube that helped me decide. I'll post when I actually get the thing too.

JM

I ordered the Lowepro Sport Sling 100aw off of Amazon (Cameta), but it's still a few days away. There are some good bag reviews on YouTube that helped me decide. I'll post when I actually get the thing too.

JM

thats great i would be really interested to hear what someone thinks about it

I was just reading some online tips/tutorials site on landscape photography and the author happened to mention the backpack he was using. Clik Elite is the brand.

i think this is just about what ive been looking for:
Compact Sport | Clik Elite

(heres the article i read from in case anyone is interested) No Guts, No Glory in Landscape Photography

The YouTube review I saw was a little deceiving. The Sport Sling 100aw is a good replacement for my toploader - it'll hold my 60D with 18-135 (but no grip, definately will not fit the grip) plus another lens of the same size, with a little room for other gear in the top compartment. Good for a walkaround bag, but that's about it.

JM

Edit: P.S. The sling setup is great, both for accessing your camera without taking the bag off and for a handy rest for your left elbow when shooting.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back