lumix lx100 hdmi to mac book

camara 5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a lumix lx100 I would like to know if using the hdmi port I could i live view it on a macbook

Rickbb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Usually not. Computers rarely have a HDMI in function, they mostly are outbound video only. You normally have to add a card or USB device to capture inbound video on a MAC or PC.

OP
C

camara 5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok im not
Usually not. Computers rarely have a HDMI in function, they mostly are outbound video only. You normally have to add a card or USB device to capture inbound video on a MAC or PC.
I'm not actually using it for video. im useing it for stop motion basically I'm going to be taking a buch of photos and making them in to a video in an edition software so i want to be able to view the photos on my macbook pro instead of on the camera

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I think @Rickbb is referring to the video signal, not a full-motion video product. The image signal (and probably the associated audio signal) are probably one direction only - from the computer out to a device (like a monitor).

Rickbb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think @Rickbb is referring to the video signal, not a full-motion video product. The image signal (and probably the associated audio signal) are probably one direction only - from the computer out to a device (like a monitor).
Correct, you need a monitor made for this not a computer or even a tablet.

ps. even a still digital image is a video signal.

phkc070408

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
There may be software available that will allow this. In the Nikon work, there is a program called Control my Camera that allows the computer to set exposure and control the shutter, via the standard Nikon USB cable. I don't recall it allowing Live View, but I was using it on a D40 which did not have a Live View mode.

Most reactions

New Topics