Lunar Eclipse

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't figure out where this would go, or even be of importance to LS photographers ...

Total Lunar eclipse 3/3/2007

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/OH/OH2007.html#2007Mar03T

I'm heading out for Death Valley this weekend and will catch it on the sand dunes. This is in my notes so I thought I'd heads up if it is anything of interest.

Sorry for inappropriate forum post- where would something like this go?- does it matter?

Off topics, I think.
And I am looking forward to it, too, but fear all I'll see will be clouds............

I kinda thought off-topic too, but maybe... then...

Well, I thought of the light that it would cast- but then would it be different than any other partial phase? Then I thought that maybe it would look opposite of the normal cresent, but maybe not. Then I thought, I'm panicking. Then I thought, maybe I should edit the post, but I have no lunar eclipse photos and the title would make no sense....

Now I'm thinking, I need a break.

They say it starts at about 9.15 p.m. our time, Tim, and the full eclipse is at 0:24 a.m., shortly after midnight. I hope I remember the times right ... but something along these lines. And yes, these are CET times.

i find eclipses fascinating... but unfortunately it looks like those of us on the west end of the US are just going to catch the tail end of the eclipse as the moon rises... :(

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEplot/LEplot2001/LE2007Mar03T.GIF

and apparently there is going to be another total lunar eclipse on August 28, 2007, which will be much better for you and I abraxas... we will be able to see almost the whole thing... so mark your calendar! :mrgreen:

i find eclipses fascinating... but unfortunately it looks like those of us on the west end of the US are just going to catch the tail end of the eclipse as the moon rises... :(

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEplot/LEplot2001/LE2007Mar03T.GIF

and apparently there is going to be another total lunar eclipse on August 28, 2007, which will be much better for you and I abraxas... we will be able to see almost the whole thing... so mark your calendar! :mrgreen:

Yeah, I was going to post that map. In Boulder, the moon will be just at the U4 contact point as it rises, so it'll just be a penumbral eclipse, meaning it'll just look a little darker than usual. But I'll be e-mailing my relatives East of the Mississippi about it. :) And I'm very much looking forward to the one in August.

I'm sure someone will post better images, but being a science teacher and currently teaching my year 7 class about the solar system meant I had to be out there seeing this for myself. In the UK it is usually cloudy and often raining when these things happed, so for the skies to be clear is a real bonus. This might be the only time in my life I actually get to see this. I've also seen two shooting stars as well :). Now I just have to wait an hour or so to see the white moon come out the other side.

Mike

DSC_0006cropped.jpg

DSC_0013cropped.jpg

DSC_0018cropped.jpg

DSC_0021cropped.jpg

ahhh - thats what happened to it - I though it was my eyes when I came out of the pub - better pop outside to see if it's still going on....

ahhh - thats what happened to it - I though it was my eyes when I came out of the pub - better pop outside to see if it's still going on....

:lol: been on the old Didcot Ale again?

Most reactions

Back