Lunch got away (osprey sequence) and another video attempt

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The light sucked this morning so these ar at ISO 4500 :( Of course I had an Osprey dive really close and managed to salvage a bit of the sequence. They are OK at 1600px, but get ugly with noise at 100%... still pretty cool, comments welcome..'

Osprey with fish 7_27 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

Osprey loosing fish 1 7/27 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

Osprey loosing fish 2 7/27 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

Osprey loosing fish 3 7/27 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

Osprey loosing fish 4 7/27 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

Osprey loosing fish 5 7/27 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

I got an external mic and tried the video thing again. I used the 1.3x crop mode on the D7100 so I could get 1080 HD 60i I haven't really figured out the editing thing, so this is SOOC.. At least I got the wind noise under control, lol. I wrapped the mic with my t-shirt for an extra buffer, lol...
Osprey on nest - HD - YouTube

Number 4 and 6 blow me away! They are all gorgeous. Very nice set.

You need a Canon a 1DX or at least a Nikon D4 and you would have been able to nail it with 14fps or Nikons 10fps even,.

But great shots though.

I cant say how much i like the ability to shoot at 14fps, You can be at the right place at the right time all ways get a great shot but when have the equipment to match that perfect timing then you have some thing truly amazing.

Last edited:
Wow ... again!
Number 4 and 6 blow me away! They are all gorgeous. Very nice set.
All are great but #4 is not a moment usually recorded. Excellent.
Thank you!
You need a Canon a 1DX or at least a Nikon D4 and you would have been able to nail it with 14fps or Nikons 10fps even,.

But great shots though.

I cant say how much i like the ability to shoot at 14fps, You can be at the right place at the right time all ways get a great shot but when have the equipment to match that perfect timing then you have some thing truly amazing.
I know the 1dx and d4(S) are both phenomenal cameras, but for me I can't justify the price tag to double my frame rate :( The other bummer for me is resolution is so much lower, that I would fear I wouldn't be able to print as large as I do.. The crops vary on these, but on the first one it was about 4200x2200, so on either the 1dx or the D4 I would only be left with roughly 2200 by 1400.. Granted I could up-rez them but would the quality be better, like $5K better? This is why I really hope Nikon answers the 7dm2 with a new "pro" DX camera in the 8-10 FPS arena. That's what I need....

That looked like a monster fish that may have even surprised the osprey in photo 2. Ha

Most reactions

Back