Macro filters... anyone use any?

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
I'm thinking of either getting a set of +1, +2, +4 macro filters, but I can't really find any websites that have sample images to see how well they work.

Does anyone have any macro filters that would be willing to post some comparison pics? Or know of a website that I could check out?

Or would I be better off saving and spending another $100 over the cost of the filters and get a macro lens adaptor?

woah, nevermind! I was just looking through the bag of camera stuff my grandpa gave me (it's an old Konica) since I knew he had some filters, and look what I found!

macrofilters.jpg

I'm going to need to get a 62mm - 55mm step down ring to use them, but that's cheaper than buying new filters! It may cause some vignetting, but nothign a little cropping can't get rid of :)

I guess you can disregard this post if you want haha

they are a pretty good cheap way of doing close ups. The problem is most of them are single element so you get fadding on the edges. Its best to go with the better but higher price multi element close ups. I know nikon makes them and I am sure the better filter companys make them like B&W

Most reactions

Back