macro lens?

ipon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guess, i'm back and have more newbi question, what better place to ask for advice then TPF right.. ok to the question, looking into geting a macro lens, what is the most commonly use specs for this lens? which macro lens should i get?:)

i havn't thought of that, that goes to show hove much off a newb i am.. well i'm interested in shooting liquids shots and like flowers/bugs.. small stuff..to brawd?

digital flower pictures said:
What's your budget?

I have the Nikkor 60mm and its great but I wished I got the 105mm.
between $200-$400, but price not to imported just as long it's a good quilty lens..

Yes, the Nikon 105mm f/2.8 micro and the 60mm f/2.8 micro are two of the best macro lenses made by anyone. I have both and love them. But theyre not giving these away anywhere. I like using the 60mm for things I can get up close too without it being a big deal. Examples would be flowers, non flying bugs, water drops, and assorted macros I shoot at home on a rainy day. For things that distance is a little more of an issue I turn to the 105mm.

However, Sigma and Tamron have developed some pretty decent macro lenses that are more resonably priced. Their 105mm equivalents to the Nikon glass are priced more like the 60mm. I would say if you have the money get the Nikons, but if money is tight, these alternatives will produce very nice shots.

K

thanks TPF the the advices and opinions...

I have the Nikkor 60mm lens the others speak of and I love it! The lens is amazing! If you can afford the 105 and plan to work with smaller subjects such as coins, bugs, etc, you may want the 105 but if your subjects are going to be a few inches in size such as a spool of thread, the 60mm does a nice job. Another thing to consider, if you only have your built in flash which I do not really suggest using for macro photography unless it's your only option the 105 mm will allow you to disstance yourself from your subjects a little more. Click Here to see tons of my macro shots I took with my 60mm.

Scott

MyCameraEye i have taken a look at your micro work and they are nice; very colorful. i have also taken a look at your other work on your site and i love them..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back