macro shots C&C

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All!

Here are a few macro shots I took over the past few weeks.
C&C welcome!:thumbup:

enjoy!

1)
4638031020_b8d915873a.jpg

2)
4636117317_8d759fbd8a.jpg

3)
4636724132_eba96e5a22.jpg

4)
4619972499_272b2a034e.jpg

I like the lightbulb a lot. I think the ball picture might be more interesting if you had some stuff on the left wall also to add some interest there. Awesome I want one.

This must be small picture day. everything is off centered, and I dont think its on purpose. WTH is #4?

#1, not enough DOF.

Let me see if I understand this.
If the f-stop number is too low,
that will make the picture too soft,
and appear blury? Or, are you saying
the f-stop number was set too high?

Thanks!

Oh, and I like the light bulb pic. :thumbup:

number 3 is my favorite. BG adds to the FG subject, which is why I'm not crazy about number 1

#4 is truley awesome....to me it looks like the sillouette of a man. I would have thought that you took a pic of your own art work.

love the bulbb(3)

#1, not enough DOF.

Let me see if I understand this.
If the f-stop number is too low,
that will make the picture too soft,
and appear blury? Or, are you saying
the f-stop number was set too high?

Thanks!

Oh, and I like the light bulb pic. :thumbup:
No, that's not what he is saying at all.

DOF is that portion, from foreground to background, that will be in focus.

Depth-of-field (DOF) is in part controlled by the lens aperture. At large lens openings like f/2.8, the DOF can be very shallow. At true macro subject distances, the DOF is usually a small fraction of an inch and if the subject is larger than the DOF parts of it will not be in focus.

Subject to lens distance is one of the other factors that control DOF.

Skilled macro photographers us a technique known as 'focus stacking' to substantially expand the DOF in the final image.

I agree about number one. Needs more DOF or at the very least the front most part to be in focus. You really ought to consider leaving the exif info intact if you plan to ask for c&c. Hard to give a good c&c and tell you what to change and where to improve when we can't see how you arrived at the shot per your settings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back