Macro Texture

Interesting, interesting.
I do not have a good macro lens, but I have tried doing work similar to this without any results I was too happy with.
I think what I need to try (and would encourage you to try) is to group different textures/images into a series, diptych, triptych, etc.
What did you take this with?

I find it interesting. It's simple o the surface, but then I couldn't stop looking at it, exploring the detail, the repitition, breaks from it.
I was going to ask if this was focus stacked, but then I remember you shoot film.

Yes intersting indeed. The significant ridges and troughs on the center make the image. As Bitter mentioned I stare at it, but I get an funny illusion as it seems the peripherals change or move as a stare at a point. Quantum Mechanic characeteristic on a non-subatomic metric is my description of it.. lol. I like it Josh.

Thanks guys. I shot this with the 100mm macro and 580EX II on T-Max 100. f/11, I think... Not quite 1:1, but close.

That is what my skin looks like with macro lens.

The significant ridges and troughs on the center make the image.
I agree, but you may be surprised to know that it is mostly illusion. This piece is relatively flat. Not smooth, obviously - but the 'wave' is only about .050" or .060" tall.

Just lighting and DoF...

A roll of film to the person who guesses what it is. :lol:

It looks like wood, buri know it isn't .

Is it fabric?

Not wood (though I can see that) or fabric.

Does the whole thing have a pattern? I see the three "raised" lines in the center, do they repeat?

I'm at a loss.

I like it.

Is it wood? Or maybe a roof shingle?

ETA Whoops I didn't see the other posts ^ about wood, nevermind that.

Thanks.

Wrong on both guesses.

A hint:

It's macro, so looking at it from far away may help. Though, I admit, even from far away it will be hard to guess...

Bitter,
It does have a pattern of rising and falling, but it's not regular or predictable.

One more hint. It has grain (though you wouldn't be able to tell from this image - that'll at least be a hint to the material).

Most reactions

Back