Made a light box!

Do you have a shot of your setup?

Focus is off in #1. The foremost crayon is severly OOF.

#2 & 3. Your lighting is a bit harsh and have hot spots. This can be corrected by flagging and diffusing your lights and possibly repositioning them to a more advatageous position.

You want the item well lighted while still retaining detail. I am currently going through three clients for product photography and can empathize with you. It's a tough game to get the lighting right.

Soaps should be an easier task since it is not a reflective surface. Have you considered a graduated background sweep?

901558065_srSjL-X3.jpg

Did you change your picture? lol I could have sworn there was a different vase up there at first?

Gotcha! Is typing paper too thick? My husband is a light addict. I don't think I have anything under 75watt lol!

btw I posted some pics and followed your suggestions on letting Alex run wild at the "park" :)

I think that paper might be too thick. I mean it wouldnt hurt to try then next time you are out, if it doesnt work, just get some from the dollar store or walmart. It is like 50 cents.

thats a great lightbox. im totally gonna make my own.

Have you considered a graduated background sweep?

what is that?
The background graduates from one color to another. Personally I like the white to black.
Graduated Backgrounds from ALZO digital

Did you change your picture? lol I could have sworn there was a different vase up there at first?
BUSTED! :lol:

If you are going to use a desklamp for your light source, take the trouble to purchase a 5500K dayllight bulb. It makes life in the tent much easier. 5500K is a daylight temperature bulb. Also, if you set your WB to flash, you will notice the K temperature is at 5500.

83 dollars! lol um nope, not worth it! I'm not even charging her 83 dollars!

Where do I get this bulb?
I was tossing up getting a utility light from like Lowes, I think the have 500 watts but wouldn't I still need two?

and I think when I edit in RAW my "daylight" is 5500

Here's my ghetto light-box :) I apologize cellphone pix are fairly garbage

4911645121_ab5d607b60.jpg

4912249084_816d0e6d4a.jpg

Here's my ghetto light-box :) I apologize cellphone pix are fairly garbage

4911645121_ab5d607b60.jpg

4912249084_816d0e6d4a.jpg

I knew I should have kept a little flap like that on the front of mine! oh well, guess I'll go look for another box! haha

oh and I didnt actually have a box at home but at walmartz they have their cheapie hangers in the box I used, and one side is already cut out for you. I just rearranged the hangers and took the empty box!@

There's a big problem with such a big opening in the front though, anything reflective ends up reflecting the camera in it :x

And the brown cardboard on the inside that is seen messed us reflections too. I plan on building a new light box with all cloth and no cardboard/post showing on the inside to help with reflection problems.

Most reactions

Back