Majestic Norwegian Mountains

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My brother and I went for a hike today. At the peak, we were 1248 meters above sea level (4094.5 feet). If you're not careful up here, you will fall down - and that will be your last action. In the first shot, you see Norway's third largest glacier, "Folgefonna", which partly is placed in our municipality.

Up here, everything suddenly makes sense. I understand our municipality's geography better when being able to see things from above.

1 Folgefonna

Folgefonna 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

2 Tread carefully!

Eirik utsikt 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

3 Neighbouring peak, about 1200 meters above sea level.

Eirik utsikt 3 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

4 Yours Truly

Anders utsikt by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Thank you for watching :) Comments always welcome!
Anders

Nice shots. I like the second one best of the bunch.

WesternGuy

I also like the second. The first is a little too tonemapped for my taste.

Wow, next time I am in Norway I'm hiring you as a trail guide!

Well, none are tonemapped. Thank you for commenting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Well, none are tonemapped. Thank you for commenting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Well those clouds don't look like they came out of the camera like that - clarity slider? Or a plugin like Viveza? They are good images, it's just that the clouds don't look altogether real

I disagree, but that's fine :) All editing is done in adobe raw converter. The fill light slider can make the image a little funky at times. I'm satisfied with them, for what they are :)

I don't see an issue with the clouds. They appear with the clarity that one should expect at high altitude in an area with little or no pollution.

Very nice. I wish I was able to do more mountain hiking...the views really are spectacular and it does give you a difference sense of perspective.

Looks like it was an amazing hike!! Those mountains are just beautiful!

Beautiful stuff, Anders - I think #7 is my favorite. I also like the ones with your brother in them - especially #3, for the perspective. :)

Most reactions

Back