Make-Up Stuffs

Now, that makes me curious tho. :D Love to see some pics!

I've gotten through almost 10 lustrom on this rock without leaving any photographic evidence of my own existence. Not about to screw up a winning streak like that now.. .lol

I've gotten through almost 10 lustrom on this rock without leaving any photographic evidence of my own existence. Not about to screw up a winning streak like that now.. .lol
Damn! xD That is also the reason why I lack models atm. All the guys I asked declined because they don't want me to publish their pictures. So sad.

Damn! xD That is also the reason why I lack models atm. All the guys I asked declined because they don't want me to publish their pictures. So sad.

Well look at my selfie. Do you have any idea what a perm costs me?

Lol

I think you're onto something--with the black-framed glasses, heavier or more emphatic eye shadow,liner,and lashes all seem to work better than if your eyes were seen through the rimless glasses, or no frames at all. As for false eyelashes; some are pretty good, but there are also some extremely wild ones, and they are becoming more commonly worn here in the US. I don't mind them. I think the saner ones photograph pretty well, but I have been seeing more of them that look a bit, well,clownish.

I think the make-up looks fantastic on you. I wish I could pull that look off - I don't have the right kind of face for that dramatic look.

Edit: Well, I also prefer a more natural look anyway, at least for every day. But it would still be nice to know how to do a more dramatic look for evening or a special occasion. Could never do false eyelashes, though. They would drive me nuts.

Last edited:
I think you're onto something--with the black-framed glasses, heavier or more emphatic eye shadow,liner,and lashes all seem to work better than if your eyes were seen through the rimless glasses, or no frames at all. As for false eyelashes; some are pretty good, but there are also some extremely wild ones, and they are becoming more commonly worn here in the US. I don't mind them. I think the saner ones photograph pretty well, but I have been seeing more of them that look a bit, well,clownish.

Yes, thank you! That is what I figured. Like, I only ever wore dramatic eye make-up with the rimless glasses for shoots but the thick frames of the ones I have now make it possible that I can go crazy on my eyes and go out in public without feeling too weird about it. :)
And I agree that some faux lashes are really over the top, I always thought those were only for costume parties and like, make-up shoots or anything of the like. In the store where I work, we have ones with colourful feathers in them as well. I wouldn't wanna go out wearing those, tbh. The ones I used for this look are relatively tame, although they of course also exaggerate the eyes. To be honest, I've never worn falsies out yet because I was too afraid I'd lose them. Might give it a shot in the near future, however. Because the ones I applied so far usually stuck until I forcefully pulled them off.

I think the make-up looks fantastic on you. I wish I could pull that look off - I don't have the right kind of face for that dramatic look.

Thank you! :) Personally, I think there's a dramatic look for every face and eye shape out there. It just takes some time to figure it out. Literally took me years until I found out what looks good on me, haha! xD I'm still in the process of trying to perfect it.

well, I think that how the makeup looks in the picture isn't quite how it will look in person. I think standing next to you, the makeup would be much more noticeable. Even here in So Cal, it would be a lot of color for daytime unless you are going for a punk kind of aesthetic. (or if you got a job at M.A.C. where the boys and girls pile it on in a very theatrical fashion. Then you'd have to wear more!) I prefer to see a more natural palette for day, and more color for evenings, events, etc. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the white kajal. Enjoy playing around with the makeup and you should do what makes you happy as long as it doesn't interfere with work, etc. OTOH, you have really nice features, so you don't need to cover them up with a lot of makeup.

well, I think that how the makeup looks in the picture isn't quite how it will look in person. I think standing next to you, the makeup would be much more noticeable. Even here in So Cal, it would be a lot of color for daytime unless you are going for a punk kind of aesthetic. (or if you got a job at M.A.C. where the boys and girls pile it on in a very theatrical fashion. Then you'd have to wear more!) I prefer to see a more natural palette for day, and more color for evenings, events, etc. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the white kajal. Enjoy playing around with the makeup and you should do what makes you happy as long as it doesn't interfere with work, etc. OTOH, you have really nice features, so you don't need to cover them up with a lot of makeup.
Honestly though, there's not much difference IRL, or so I believe. I mean, I have asked a couple of people - not enough though, that's why I posted this thread here - about it and they all told me that the glasses really sort of "tone it down" and make it look decent enough to go out, even during the day. Personally, I'm quite happy about it. I've always enjoyed vibrant and dramatic make-up but was too afraid that it would look weird when I'm out for my everyday routine with the frameless glasses. However, now, with the new thick-framed glasses, I gained new confidence and actually get complimented every once in a while (not often though, it really only happens on rare occasions at work or sometimes when I'm like, doing everyday things and someone notices) on how precise the make-up is and how good it looks, and that really makes me very happy. I've been dying to do this for a long time and, as I mentioned before, it's one of the reasons why I chose the model of glasses that I wear now. :)
The white kajal is something I personally cannot give up on, either. I'm half Japanese, so I have small almond-shaped eyes and use the white kajal to make my eyes look bigger. It's a matter of personal preference, and I prefer white to black kajal, haha! xD Black kajal actually makes my eyes smaller, even more so behind the glasses because I literally can't see well without them, which is what I wanna avoid.
Thank you, anyways, though. :) I appreciate you voicing your opinion about it.

The '90's were the second go around for some of us! Or wait, was it the '80's when I put a blue streak in my hair?? (I'm a big chicken, it was the kind that washed out.) The lipstick was green but turned white on your lips. Not that that was an improvement! lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back