makeover! :)

sarah_19_nz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Full crit please. My friend and I are going to start offering a makeover/photoshoot type session (she is the makeup artist) This was a trial run with her work colleague. She was young and wanted some more 'playful' shots as well hence the flowers/butterflies, I think it works...?

1. $samweb2.jpg
2.$samweb1.jpg
3.$samweb3.jpg
4.$samweb4.jpg
5.$samweb5.jpg
6.$samweb6.jpg

I actually like the "Before" better... :) Is she single?

The "after" is nice too.. but definitely a different look.

I actually like the "Before" better... :) Is she single?

The "after" is nice too.. but definitely a different look.

haha you are supposed to like the 'after' better! Not single I'm afraid. :)

Works very well. So job well done to you and the MUA.

Ooo! She has kind of a Jewel Staite (Kaylee from Firefly) thing going on there with the smile and the eyes. I bet she is thrilled.
Nicely done! :thumbup:

Ooo! She has kind of a Jewel Staite (Kaylee from Firefly) thing going on there with the smile and the eyes. I bet she is thrilled.
Nicely done! :thumbup:

I love KAYLEE! Wheeeeeeee! Good to see another FireFly fan, too! Smart and Beautiful, that's our Squirrels! ;)(

Nicely done. The light is nice and soft, complimentary to the model. Not a fan of the composite in this case but get it.

really nicely done!!

Excellent job Sarah; one thing that might liven them up a little is to use some coloured gels on the background. Thunder grey is a great, versatile colour, but on it's own for shots like this, it's a bit bland to say the least.

Thanks everyone! Confidence booster! The flowers/butterflies were literally thrown in from each side of the set! No composite :) I was just digging around in my daughters room to find some kind of prop and I thought it would be as tacky as heck! But seems to appeal to a few people. :)
im hearing you about the grey backdrop! I have some gels in the primary colours but need another light! Would my sb910 speed light work if I tape a gel over that and set it to the side you reckon? Do I just tweak the colouring in post process?

thanks again guys/girls

Very nice job on the posing. The hair & make up is tastefully done and not overdone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back