Making a photograph interesting C&C

Bee Bee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographybybon.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For one of my assignments I have to take pretty boring pictures and make them somewhat interesting... this is my first attempt - original picture shown first taken on a dry but somewhat cloudy day. The second picture shows my attempt to make it more interesting...

IMG_5313-1.jpg

IMG_5313.jpg

Pretty good. The horizon needs a wee bit more tweaking though.

Tweaking in what way? xxx

making it straight (its really slanting to the left..) also you've cut off the building on the left. which kills it for me.. not a fan

but making it "interesting" takes away that Natural look of it ... is it worth it?

cuz working in Lightroom I can make all kinds of changes to the picture but then I mostly don't because I know thats not why I captured the shot. I captured it because I liked it as I saw it.

I totally agree only I have to change these for my assignment - I had to take 20 shots - horizon not level, lighting wrong and all the rest and then try and make the most of them ;). Usually when I shoot I don't need to do much because I shot it how I wanted xxx

Photoshop in a Great White Shark jumping out of the water with a seal in its mouth.

Or something.

Pretty good. The horizon needs a wee bit more tweaking though.

Agreed.

But my preference would have been to not make any changes to the colors. And I would have cropped the bottom more, to get rid of the green thing advancing into the water. An almost all gray image with just a little bit of red in cabin 3 would make an interesting image to me.

But it's a tough assignment because what is interesting to me may not be be to someone else.

Thank you - I guess I just found it a little dark and wanted to portray the feeling of the sun setting? Does that make sense? I am hating this assignment already! xxx

I am hating this assignment already! xxx
don't worry ... you're doing good. for sun setting i guess play around with the color to give it more orange effect.
too bad i don't have PS installed on my work computer or else I'd show you an example.

Thanks - I'll keep playing around with it wish we actually had some more orange sunsets round here - they tend to just be quite pinky purple and not all that interesting at the moment! xxx

Most reactions

Back