Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
New lifer for me :sexywink:

Malesapsucker.jpg

Cheers, Don

Nice Shot! I was serenaded by one of these last weekend camping in VT. He wouldn't show his face though.

Can I ask what lens you use? I've been trying to get bird shots in my yard lately, and they never come out this sharp and always seem to have chromatic aberration around the edges of the bird.

Nice Shot! I was serenaded by one of these last weekend camping in VT. He wouldn't show his face though.

Thank you !

Can I ask what lens you use? I've been trying to get bird shots in my yard lately, and they never come out this sharp and always seem to have chromatic aberration around the edges of the bird.

Hi Julie,

I was using the 50-200mm on a E-30 @ 123mm. I did crop ~ 50%.

Cheers, Don

Congrats on the lifer Don!
Great captures :)

I like both compositions, and your exposures look dead on. But on my computer both images seem almost like there is a slight haze.

Wow, love that first one! I've been chasing a downy woodpecker and a red-bellied woodpecker for several months now, but they continue to taunt me. I've gotten some decent shots but nothing like this. It must have been fairly close to get that sharp an image at 123mm.

I like both compositions, and your exposures look dead on. But on my computer both images seem almost like there is a slight haze.

I do think the second has a haze to it, and is a little flatter than the first, but don't really see it in the first.

Thanks, it helps if you have the time to figure out their feeding pattern.

Congrats on the lifer Don!
Great captures :)

Thank you, I also managed to capture the female :)

Thank you, have you tried Windex :sexywink:

Both images were captured under overcast conditions..

Wow, love that first one! I've been chasing a downy woodpecker and a red-bellied woodpecker for several months now, but they continue to taunt me. I've gotten some decent shots but nothing like this. It must have been fairly close to get that sharp an image at 123mm.

Thank you. These were shot at a staging area they use quite frequently. I was probably within twelve feet and they are crops.

sm4him said:
I do think the second has a haze to it, and is a little flatter than the first, but don't really see it in the first.

I don't see a haze and suggest it's the low light/overcast conditions and/or the fact that the background is across a small clearing...

Good one!

Thanks..

Cheers, Don

And do we by chance get to see said female? ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back