Mamiya RZ67 shutter problem

BrittneyRose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So the other day I received an as-is mamiya rz67 kit with the claim that all they did to test it was put a battery in it and try to fire the shutter. Shutter didn’t fire and that’s all the tried to do (no troubleshooting). So when I still don’t have a battery yet, but I first started testing by putting it in emergency mode and seeing if the body and mirror would work without any other components on it. Works like a charm every time... up until I get to adding the lens and then it will only fire after I manually trip the lens shutter before attaching it to the body to be cocked. Both the mirror and shutter fire only once and then after cocking the lens on the body again after the first shutter release, it cocks the lens but when I put the button, the mirror and lens don’t budge/nothing happens. The lens is not in T mode and the shutter release screw is all the way in so that’s ruled out. Does this sound like a lens issue or a body issue?

I know what as-is means and I can return it if needed. I was just wondering if it was a lens issue because I can just get a new lens for a decent price and sell the broken one. Not really any helpful information you gave.. but thank you for checking it out

Most reactions

Back