Marine Corps Ball

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not our ball photos, sadly.. don't even ask about my husband's ball last weekend in Vegas.. holy worst day of my life, for real. I don't have a single photo from our ball, yeah.

Anyway, these guys do!! lol

These are quick edits.. but I was anxious to share, I'm pretty excited about how incredibly photogenic they all were!

MCBall238 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

looks a little hot now that im looking at it, but ah well..
MCBall238-3 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

3MCBall238-4 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

MCBall238-5 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

MCBall238-6 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

MCBall238-7 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

really struggling with the wb on this one.. edits welcome!
MCBall238-8 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

MCBall238-9 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

MCBall238-10 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

MCBall238-11 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

Nice set! Your skies are still a little watery, but your exposures have REALLY improved!

Thanks! I'm not sure I understand the term watery.. but so glad I think I got my monitor back pretty well figured out. :)

Not enough detail, somewhat over-exposed; if you could have dropped the ambient by half or 2/3 of a stop you would have brought some more colour and detail in to them, however, given the context, that's pretty minor IMO.

Not enough detail, somewhat over-exposed; if you could have dropped the ambient by half or 2/3 of a stop you would have brought some more colour and detail in to them, however, given the context, that's pretty minor IMO.

Ah, gotcha.. yeah, I think I'd need flash or compositing to fix that and we all know my flash fear lol

Nicely shot. :) Totally off the wall question, why is it that one has a red stripe on his trousers and the others don't?

Granddad, the "Blood Stripe" is earned when you pick up the rank of Corporal. Corporals and above wear it to represent the blood we've shed throughout history. Every part of a Marines uniform has significance to our combat history.

Great series Bonnie.

Was it the marines that were upset about the new hats?

Anyway military uniforms are very cool across the board. Some of the special forces uniforms from around the world are pretty wild.

Thanks again guys for serving.

Was it the marines that were upset about the new hats?

Anyway military uniforms are very cool across the board. Some of the special forces uniforms from around the world are pretty wild.

Thanks again guys for serving.

Yes, and we will never speak of that again ...lol

Ooh-Rah! Semper Fi!

Happy 238th birthday Marines!

Nice pictures of some proud Marines.

Our resident devil dog answered the blood stripe question for me, so I'll just say thanks all :)

It is a trend in many images is the backgrounds you use. They can make or break and image. I liked your shots except for the first one, I like the least. There wasn't enough background for the shot you took on that one. The others have nice detail and I like the slightly saturated colors. Very good.

Thanks for that Elngerson. :)

... I won't suggest changing the colour of the trousers, in that case. I never did like royal blue but then I don't have to wear it. ;)

I'd think about how you're using space, some seem to have more background or space above the heads than needed (such as in #9 and 10, the subjects seem cut off).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back