Marineland Beach, FL

fishing4sanity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for advice and input on these shots from Marineland Beach. Advice on any and all appreciated, also which shot overall is preferred. I prefer the water in the first shot, but the rocks of the second shot - too bad it's the opposite corner of the country from me or I'd try again.

Marineland_1.jpg

Marineland_2.jpg

Marineland_3.jpg

I actually like the first one. All three might benefit from leveling the horizon.

#1 is my favorite. Can't lose that water. It works. Beautiful image.

If there was a composite even possible, I'd take the rocks from 3, the sky and trees from 2, and the water from 1 :)

It will always have some tilted look because the cloud line is not parallel to the horizon, and the angle of the shoreline exaggerates it.

I prefer no.2 I think the image is great the way it is.

It will always have some tilted look because the cloud line is not parallel to the horizon, and the angle of the shoreline exaggerates it.

I was referring to the horizon which will always be level regardless of clouds or angle of the beach.

@fishing4sanity I thought the beach looked vaguely familiar but until I looked up Marineland I didn't know why. We were north of there at Vilano, a couple weeks ago. Vilano has the same appearance. It's more rocks and fine crushed shell then sand. There was also a lot of foam on the water. One of the better dog friendly beaches we've been to as we didn't have 20lbs of sand in the truck after walking Sadie along the water. The surfers were out in force their also, as the wave action was pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back