Mark Samuel - C&C appreciated.

westerngirl14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wondering what ya'll think of this one? I took my little brother out and we got a few shots. he's not real photogenic and he hates to smile for a camera. UGH!:meh:makes for hard photographing! But this is one of the best ones we got. I do wish I had caught more light in his eyes. So tell me what you think... and any pointers on what I can do better next time? Until I get my Canon XTi (it is being SHIPPED!) I have been shooting with an Olympus SP 500UZ. I really don't like it at all, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do! This was shot in RAW, and only a little post editing was done. Mainly just blurring the edges, and changing to black and white.

stepcolor.jpg
[/IMG]

I am not sure if its the editing, but the contrast seems to be off around his forehead and hair. Face is too grey and bland compared to the rest of his body. Can you post the original?

I am not sure if its the editing, but the contrast seems to be off around his forehead and hair. Face is too grey and bland compared to the rest of his body. Can you post the original?

I'm uploading the original to photobucket now.I'll post it in a few minutes....

I always find that if i shoot in colour and change it to B+W in post, the greys are weak.
The stairs are sexy though, i really like them.

Mmm yeah, I know what you mean about post Black and white...but I was wishing I had shot it in blk/white, and decided to try and see if it messed it up by doing it post. It does weaken the grays....:blushing:

Yeah, I absolutely LOVE those stairs. They are amaazzing...:mrgreen:

I'm uploading the original to photobucket now.I'll post it in a few minutes....

Cool, if ya want, I can see if I can have better luck with it.

I always find that if i shoot in colour and change it to B+W in post, the greys are weak.

you could try different filters to obtain B/W, until you find the best one to evidentiate tones.

However, I like this picture although I agree face does not pop up sufficiently.

Mmm yeah, I know what you mean about post Black and white...but I was wishing I had shot it in blk/white, and decided to try and see if it messed it up by doing it post. It does weaken the grays....:blushing:

Yeah, I absolutely LOVE those stairs. They are amaazzing...:mrgreen:

if you shoot in RAW, you never really shoot b/w (sensor is color). So you always post-process, sometimes in camera (if doing JPEG) or in computer. Better post, you may choose how.

ahhh i'm so disapointed with the original picture, i expected so much more punch.

jeezzz thats kinda harsh.

but there may be no hope for this photo, what camera are you using? have any other shots from the shoot?

I'm sorry :( i was just saddened lol - I'd want to reshoot, he looks like a lovely cute chap, he should be more confident, it couldn't have helped, with him being so shy! I've done a very similar shoot with a similar character and my best shot was exactly the same, had to make it black n white in post n lose some detail n stuff, its a bit disapointing when that happens.

I really like this picture! Only thing that kind of bothers me is the shirt seems a little off to me. Here's a take on how I would edit it:
20101110-stepcolor_2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back