Marsh critters

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a fun afternoon! The light was terrible and dim, and it's still really cold (what the hell spring?) but the little critters are out and about in force.

Grey Squirrel:
may 2 squirrel by civgirlca, on Flickr

Black Squirrel:
may 2 got treats by civgirlca, on Flickr

Muskrat:
may 2 muskrat by civgirlca, on Flickr

And the cutest guys in the woods:
may 2 chippy by civgirlca, on Flickr

For some reason, today, my camera and I were really hitting winners (at least I feel like I got a few good ones). The chippy is my favourite of this set. C&C welcomed and appreciated!

That chipmunk shot is great!! I think if you crop off the open RH area and a bit of the bottom, it will be even stronger.

The last one is a real cutie and my fav too, very nicely composed.:) I like the first one too, but that rat looks more like a beaver.

I almost tossed the chippy shot. I took about three looks at it before I even edited it. After I fixed up the colour I really liked it. I'll try the cropping, tirediron, thanks!

Raj - muskrats are about a third of the size of beaver, and they have long snake-like tails rather than broad flat beaver tails. Otherwise they're very similar! They build little lodges like beavers, but they don't build dams.

Because I've never seen this good of a shot of a muskrat before, it gets my vote. All others are great, but not unique. Well shot!

Most reactions

Back