Martha's Vineyard Trip.

Heck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first trip with my camera gear and first real attempts at lanscape photos. I also shot in raw for the first time (raw is a pain in the ass but I think worth it). This was shot around mid day hand holding my 70-200. I did a HDR effect and played around with it in photoshop. Other than the fact that I cut off the very top of the tower Im pretty happy with it.

CorinaHDRfinal.jpg

Link to larger version
http://heck.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p1048184919-5.jpg

I added this shot of Gay Head light
Hand held with my Sigma 18-50 lens and HDR affect also after being shot in raw.

GayHeadLightHdrps.jpg

Good shot. I like it alot.

Why is that area called Martha's Vineyard? I like the colors and the HDR is subtle except in the sky where it's quite obvious, but, overall, I like this shot.

Martha's Vineyard (adjoining the smaller Chappaquiddick Island) is an island off the US east coast, to the south of Cape Cod, both forming a part of the Outer Lands region. It is often called just "the Vineyard". With a land area of 87.48 square miles (231.75 km²), Martha's Vineyard is the 57th largest island in the United States. It is located in the U.S. state of Massachusetts, in Dukes County, which also includes Cuttyhunk and the other Elizabeth Islands, as well as the island of Nomans Land). It was home to one of the earliest known deaf communities in the United States; consequently, a special dialect of sign language, Martha's Vineyard Sign Language, developed on the island. The island is primarily known as a summer colony, and is accessible only by boat and by air. Nevertheless, its year-round population has grown considerably since the 1960s. A study by the Martha's Vineyard Commission found that the cost of living on the island is 60 percent higher than the national average and housing prices are 96 percent higher.

Thats from Wikipedia

Most reactions

New Topics

Back